Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bastard!

1. Bastard!

Dark Schneider rules.

I've been watching the Bastard DVD the past day or so...I still have a few episodes left, but so far I'm loving it. I always love shows (or games) where the main character is evil, and Dark Schneider is one evil bastard (duh). However, I always notice that these shows always stop short of having the main character be TOTALLY evil...they're always good in some way. Like Schneider's evil being tempered by the good soul of the kid whose body he now inhabits, bah, as cool as he is now I bet he was even cooler before. I'll have to pick up the manga, as that seemed even more hardcore, not to mention the fact that they kept the cities and spells names correct (in the manga, as well as the Japanese version of the OAV, all the cities and spells were named after 80's heavy metal bands, like Dark Schneider's spell Megadeth or the city of Metallica).

A similar character is Shibas Scotch from Sorcerer on the Rocks, who does such evil things as forcing his female servants to table dance to make him money when his funds are low, or beating the shit out of his gay henchman whenever he makes a pass at him.

Are there any anime out there where the main character is totally evil without restraint?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. This is cool.
    The manga is cool too.
    All hail my 1337 opinion writing skillz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

3. Haha screw the point of this thread, I just want to see Bastard.

4. Gokudo makes the Bastard look like a saint. The anime starts with him robbing an old lady and only goes downhill from there, but you end up liking Gokudo, probably because he has such bad luck and people treat him so terribly that his actions seem completely justified.

Gokudo is much more a comedy than Bastard is and it seems like it was made by the same people who made Slayers, but it is much, much better imo.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Gokudo? I've never heard of that one. I might have to check it out.

Originally posted by Thief~Silver
    Haha screw the point of this thread, I just want to see Bastard.
    You should, it's a great series.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I just want to know why is it that Gara, instead of ripping the girl's clothes off, let the stupid slime monster eat it away slowly? I would have been all up in that ass like a wedgie.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

7. Right on.

8. Gara is like the coolest character ever. He's a frickin' ninja master! He is crazy go nuts!

9. Anyone who is a Ninja Master, has legions of loyal, subordinate lesser-ninjas willing to do whatever you want and give their lives for you at a moment's notice, and uses slime to eat through nubile young women's clothing is A-freaking-OK!

I love the series and the open-ended way it finished, I sincerely hope they do another round of it one of these days. Though I think the original Bastard was done in the early-mid 90's and they have yet to do another since then, so I don't keep my hopes too high
    omg TNL epics!

10. Dolemite, to answer your question, I'd probably go with Akira.

Sure, he starts out good, but holy crap.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)