Thread: Jynn

1. Jynn

2. Looks pretty good. The anatomy seems a bit...approximated, but the fingers were drawn very well (I always find it difficult to get fingers to look natural unless their fisted). I'm not exactly certain what's happening with the clothes either...it looks like an open shirt, but then he has bandages around his stomach, and they go over one side of his shirt and not the other?

I probably wouldn't use the hatch lines for shadow, though, it's a little distracting in a contour line drawing...I'd just shade them in like you did with his hair and shirt.

Good work!

3. Originally posted by FuryFox
    Looks pretty good. The anatomy seems a bit...approximated
    it is....I need to buy an anatomy book

I'm not exactly certain what's happening with the clothes either...it looks like an open shirt, but then he has bandages around his stomach, and they go over one side of his shirt and not the other?
    the bandages are under his shirt, it's just that the right side of his gi is hanging down around his waist. it's kinda hard to see because I ran outta room

I probably wouldn't use the hatch lines for shadow, though, it's a little distracting in a contour line drawing...I'd just shade them in like you did with his hair and shirt.
    I've been messing with hatch lines lately for whatever reason. I should probably stop being lazy and start shading them normally again

4. Originally posted by Xero_Kaiser
    it is....I need to buy an anatomy book
    If you're serious, I'd recommend "Dynamic Anatomy" by Burnes Hogarth (more comic book-y) or "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist," by Stephen Rogers Peck (more traditional). Both are great resources with tons of examples, and both can be had for pretty cheap from Amazon.com or your local bookstore.

Also, it sounds corny, but "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" is a great all-around drawing book, especially if you're into drawing characters. It's been around forever, but it's still a keeper.

....the bandages are under his shirt, it's just that the right side of his gi is hanging down around his waist. it's kinda hard to see because I ran outta room
    I see; well, that's what it looks like. Just checking.

5. I'll probably look for that "dynamic anatomy" one. some of those realistic anatomy books confuse the hell outta me because they spend more time listing the names and definition of every muscle in existence than anything else

6. Someone else said you need to look at anatomy, and they are right, but other than that, great work Xero.