Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best version of MGS2?

1. Best version of MGS2?

I've never touched the series and over time i've forgotten the numerous spoilers that i've accidently read. So with MGS Twin Snakes on Gamecube I need a version of MGS2. A few questions though:

-Does the Xbox version have better sound?
    -Does the Xbox version have cleaner graphics?
    -How bad is the slowdown in the Xbox version? If it's just a couple scenes in the entire game then I don't mind so long as it isn't perpetual.

Thanks in advance, I would do the research myself but i'm worried that i'd just end up spoiling the game for myself.

2. Get the PS2 version of Substance. It has teh skateboard.

3. Not the sort of answer I was looking for

4. The Xbox one probably has better sound but I've never actually witnessed it myself. The game slows down obscenely when you are firing missles for some reason. It gets a little choppy when it's raining too. If I were you I'd probably get MGS2:Substance for PS2.

5. +1 for PS2 because of the controls, I've played both and feel that the PS2 controls is better suited for the game.

6. Originally posted by Sidez
    Not the sort of answer I was looking for
    Well, honestly, I never played the Xbox, but I heard the framerate is choppy and the game doesn't look so good compared to the PS2 version. Get the PS2 version anyway, since MGS2 was made for the PS2 and the PAL version comes with Document of MGS2.

7. I would definately go for the PS2 version of Substance.

8. The only advantage the Xbox rev (which I have and enjoy) has that I can think of is prog scan mode. I never seen the PS2 version, but the Xbox rev is very sharp. Other than that, the Xbox version has some slowdown in the first part in the rain and some during certain boss battles. Also, no skateboard mode.
    pwned by Ivan

9. Thats the main reason I bought a Xbox version Green, the PS mode makes the game look even more beautiful. However, I noticed slowdown particularly in the cut scenes, which Im sure wasnt there in the PS2 version I played a while back. It doesnt exactly ruin the game but it takes the shine off the amazing sequences somewhat. Sidez were I you then Id go for the PS2 version as by all accounts its the definitive one, unless like me you require a PS mode.

10. Slowdown in cutscenes? Which ones?
    pwned by Ivan