Thread: Nintendo Super Famicom Satellaview

1. Nintendo Super Famicom Satellaview

Just put my Satellaview up on ebay. Not sure if you guys would be interested, but here it is anyway...

Nintendo Satellaview

2. This is so incredible, there are tears in my eyes...

3. Re: Nintendo Super Famicom Satellaview

Originally posted by PriestJPN
    Just put my Satellaview up on ebay. Not sure if you guys would be interested, but here it is anyway...

Nintendo Satellaview
    You think you can give us a little more info on this as it's news to me?

4. The Satellaview was a base unit for the Super Famicom that allowed Japanese folks to download games / articles etc during certain times of the day via satellite (you would use your normal TV satellite dish) to a memory card. It wasn't for upload / comms AFAIK, just download. The service stopped a few years ago, but was fairly popular while it was available (don't believe anyone who says it wasn't! and lots of games were available for it.

You accessed the various parts of the service / system through an interface that was you as a small guy wondering around the satellaview 'town' - different buildings accessed other services or features. Your house allowed you to access the memory card contents for example.

Even though the download service has stopped, you can still use the games / stuff you downloaded. Works fine - but probably would only be interest to a collector as its a unique piece of Nintendo history... Quite nifty design - used that otherwise useless port on the bottom of the SuFami and was believed to be results of the SuFami CD project that never happened.

5. I have one of those, I just need to find some games for it

I did get a find on the system though, I picked it up brand new for like $65

6. I've always been fascinated by the BS.

The Sega Channel in the US never did anything for me, but everytime I come across someone mentioning one of these it re-sparks my interst in it.

I'd love to see Nintendo compile all the BS exclusive titles onto a GameCube disc.

Sometimes it upsets me that companies don't want to do stuff like that. It's like they think that they can make more money on the game years later, so they don't do it.

7. Nintendo have been a bit grumpy lately, cracking down on import companies in the UK and being a general pain in the ass... They need to improve their PR if they're not gonna piss off people...

$65! Thats a bargain you got there... ^_^