Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda 4 Sword video

1. Zelda 4 Sword video

http://www.nintendo.com/e32k3/movie....lda4swords.wmv

now what the hell is this? it looks like the zelda game on snes! i'm sickened

2. It really needs some cleaning up. There's like... places where the tiles don't line up and shit. I wouldn't even be bothered if it was clean, but it's not.

3. Now this is really cool. I give nintendo credit for bringing this out.

4. Sheesh if it didn't come from Nintendo, I would think it's a prank.

5. i thought it was for gba until at the end it said gamecube. nintendo needs to hire some better programmers

6. What's with the disappearing characters?

7. Why would it be for the GBA, when... that's already out... so it wouldn't be at E3.

8. The question I would pose is:

"Why would I want to buy this, when I could just use the GBA version of four swords on the GBA Player?"

Nintendo must be adding some really cool extra shit to this one in order to answer that question.

9. This GBA-connectivity thing is getting way out of hand. From GameSpy:

"Miyamoto has gone back and re-worked the four-player mini-adventure from the last GBA Zelda game and made an entire GameCube title specifically with GBA multiplayer gaming in mind. The premise revolves around one GameCube, one TV and four interconnected GBAs. The TV and GameCube give the different colored Links a central display area where the main action happens -- just like, say, the main adventure from A Link to the Past. There are puzzles and teamwork aplenty for the four GBA-holding gamers, but here's the neat thing -- if one Link decides to enter a building, or fall down a hole in the ground, that player is then taken away from the TV display and is on his or her own on the GBA's LCD display. This adds some never-before seen multiplayer connectivity and functionality."

Wow, that sounds... boring. It would be boring even if I owned a GBA, and I'm not going to buy one for something like that. GBA connectivity is a fun gimmick at best, and a pointless, shameless attempt to gouge dollars from people at worst. It shouldn't be the main draw of a game, though.
    This world will die, and it will be because men do not speak words but speak shit.

10. I'm not sure that requiring GBAs for multiplayer is the best idea from a business standpoint...

But considering we already have a pair of GBA, we'll have a lot of fun with this and Crystal Chronicles.