Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime Review Board

Originally posted by Nick
    Spam-tabulous, Josh!
    Haha! That name is for dorks!

2. Originally posted by 88mph
    Haha! That name is for dorks!
    Haha! Dork!

3. Well, from my end, I can say that the site is still in the design/development stages. That's about it.

However, since no one apart from the two or three people (besides myself) have uttered a word about really wanting to help. Several have talked about it in the past, but when the time came to put up or shut up, all but two shut up.

That, in addition to the facts that I'm not even certain who's really in charge of this thing or have any sort of timetable for its happening, is really discouraging and I'm really starting to question the wisdom of bringing this project up again. It's not that I don't want to see Max Anime/whatever it will eventually be called happen, it's that I'm seriously questioning whether or not it will happen and be worth it. Time will tell, I guess.

For my part, all I really wanted to do was work on a website with friends from TNL, be it on the gaming side or anime side. Whether or not the anime site happens at all, that much is still true and the offer stands. I'm in this for fun, and I could care less about whether I'm playing the part of the head honcho or the reclusive staff writer. :P

4. That's one of the problems with trying to run a site; everyone wants to work on it, but nobody wants to work on it, for the sole fact that they can say "I help run site-x.com", get passes for conventions (such as E3), or to have mod/admin powers on the sites' message board. It was the same story for me back in 97 when Fighters.net launched. I didn't want to do any work whatsoever on the site (I think I had a really half-assed Sega section that praised the Dreamcast pre-launch (cause I knew the system would own in '98 )) and I only did 1 or 2 reviews on my own before taking complete control in 2000 when everyone silently quit.

Granted I don't help much with the content-side of TNL (I've written 2 reviews and a handful of newsbits in the past year), but I don't ask anything of Bahn or Nick. I do it cause I like to work on gaming sites.

Anyway, plot of my rambling: The MAX ANIME forum is perfectly fine for reviewing anime titles, just so long as you let people know it's a review beforehand. Also, your reviews would get more views in the main Anime forum rather than another sub forum. And good luck with that site, I know the layers of hell it is trying to find people who will both work on the site and meet your personal criteria. I still don't trust anyone enough to allow them to write for versuscity.

Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Haha! Dork!
    Whatever dude... my name is Thor the Despoiler.