50. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

22 44.00%
  • Xbox

28 56.00%
Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The new FPS games: PC or Xbox?

1. The new FPS games: PC or Xbox?

Well it's now 100% that Deus Ex 2, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 are all coming to Xbox. Will you guys now upgrade your PC for these or simply get the Xbox versions? Personally all of these will be fine using a joypad, they're all single player experiences and not as skillful as Q3A when it comes to DM (in which kb and mouse is essentiel). The only thing that would attract me to the PC versions is the mod scene but after what happened with TFC (Valve decided to keep moving the goal posts every other month) and CS (much better back in the beta days) i'm not sure if I care any more.

I think only Quake 4 could persuade me to upgrade but only if it's a DM focus like Q3A.

2. Is there a way for me to use a keyboard and mouse with the XBOX be it usb adapters or anything?

If so, I would actually consider buying one for these games just because buying a new computer would be really expensive.

If not, then fuck it. PC all the way.

In fact...Fuck it twice. I'll just buy a new PC.
    Play Guitar Hero //

Tie. MoH Xbox, vs MoH PC. Grrr. (X - Rising Sun, PC - Allied Assault)

4. PC without question.

5. PC. You'll have to rip my mouse/keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

6. I'm sure the PC versions will be superior to the XB versions. Didnt they say they were gonna have to cut some levels in parts in Doom 3 for the XB cuz of the limited resources(probably ram). I use my PC alot so to me its worth putting 300-400 canadian dollars to upgrade and I just can't stand FPS without the keyboard and mouse. For people without PC's or shoddy ones then I guess the XB would be the only way to go.

7. I'm upgrading. It's about time, anyway.

PC all the way.

8. PC. I'll never give up my mouse and keyboard. Of course, I don't think I've really played a console FPS that was properly balanced for joypad controls, but eh. It's a matter of principle.

9. Originally posted by Sl1p
    Is there a way for me to use a keyboard and mouse with the XBOX be it usb adapters or anything?

If so, I would actually consider buying one for these games just because buying a new computer would be really expensive.

If not, then fuck it. PC all the way.

In fact...Fuck it twice. I'll just buy a new PC.
    my thoughts excately
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. You guys have way too much cash :P

I used to hate joypad control but Halo changed that.