50. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

22 44.00%
  • Xbox

28 56.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: The new FPS games: PC or Xbox?

1. Originally posted by diffusionx
    I wont deny your technical expertise when it comes to like, modifying ...
    Sorry. You are probably right. PC games are just one of my buttons. If it's not a homebrew, an emu, Pirates (the Sid Myers game, not the people supplying games for the emus), or Doom, I pretty much hate it for no reason at all. Pile that on top of a devastating Sixers loss and lack-of-sleep-induced cranky-ness, and I should probably sit this one out for everybody's sake.

2. Originally posted by EvilMog007
    Like usagi said, pointing and clicking people to death just doesnt seem as fun as pulling the trigger on my Xbox pad.
    You mean... "pressing the button on my mouse just doesnt seem as fun as pressing the button on my Xbox pad"

They're the same fucking thing. Except the mouse control is much faster and more accurate. Other than that, they're the same thing.

3. look, its my preference. I would rather use a controller than mouse and KB. Its more manly! LOL jk
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Originally posted by frostwolf ex
    it never crashed on me, hence the comment. If it really was as bad on the box, then obviously my perception was flawed. you can forgive me,since i have played hundreds of hours(hence a lot of crashes/freezes) on the pc,vurses about 10 hours on the x-box.
    You have to get pretty far into the Xbox game before it starts crashing, but then it happens every half hour or so. It's a real pain in the ass.

5. Originally posted by kbuchanan
    I would rather get the PC versions but I don't have the power(in my PC that is). I know Halo is gonna look and probably run pretty good since it's designed with the XBoxes modest power in mind, but I'm really concerned with how HL2(which is so unbelievably peerless) is gonna run on the Box. I bet the PC minimum system requirements are higher than the XBoxs power. If HL2 runs at 25-30 fps on the Box, I guess that'll be good enough.
    There we go. Framerate speak again.

I will take PC over Xbox. PC versions are usually more superior graphics and control wise, have possibility of fixes, mods and other upgrades.

As for cost, PC components are getting cheaper and cheaper. Right now you can have a Decent PC for about $600, and great one at $1000. And by the time these new games hit the screen, the prices will be even lower. So I dont see much validation in complaining that its TOO Expensive to have a good PC anymore.

6. And hell, for the most part, these games run perfectly on a Geforce 4 TI 4200, and that's only about 120 at the most.

Granted, you need to have a decent processor and ram, as well.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. XBOX. I can't afford to buy a new PC...that's right, buy. My current system is so fargone, an upgrade wouldn't mean crap.

$150 dollars for three games is much better than several hundred dollars + $150 for a new PC and those same games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Originally posted by Saint of Killers
    You have to get pretty far into the Xbox game before it starts crashing, but then it happens every half hour or so. It's a real pain in the ass.
    thanks for the warning. i will pass that on to my console playing friend then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Originally posted by Despair
    As for cost, PC components are getting cheaper and cheaper. Right now you can have a Decent PC for about $600, and great one at $1000. And by the time these new games hit the screen, the prices will be even lower. So I dont see much validation in complaining that its TOO Expensive to have a good PC anymore.
    Hey Uncle Moneybags, $600 is a lot of money. $1000 is even more than that. That's not chump change by any stretch of the imagination... even if its cheaper than it used to be its still pretty fucking pricey.

10. If you can upgrade it's not so bad (about th price of an Xbox). If not then thats lower than Dell and Gateway will have people belive. He has a point, but you can still gripe on the price.. 600 is not easy and 1 grand buys you the top of the fucking line.
    o_O