Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: Advent: Rising

1. Did Advent Shadow get cancelled?

2. I can't believe anybody would call Advent Rising's art direction anything but boring, cliche'd tripe. They ripped off Halo almost completely, and tried to spin the game as another epic tale. Listen, everyone who writes a game script invariably comes up with an epic space tale involving aliens and super powers on their first go. And it's not like Halo is a bastion of artistic integrity either (Spartans, Zanzibar, Master Chief? All terrible names) but atleast they had a good core game to carry the story.

Good gameplay is so integral to story.

If you want a great action game go pick up a copy of the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer game for cheap. It's easily the greatest beat'em up of this generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Finally got to play this game and I must say, it was awesome.

4. So what you're saying is... I should pick it up after I'm done with Jade Empire?

5. There are few things more satisfying than lifting someone with your mind and throwing them into the depths of space.

I <3 this game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    There are few things more satisfying than lifting someone with your mind and throwing them into the depths of space.

I <3 this game.
    some of the melee insta-kills are pretty cool as well, you flip on top of the guy and break his neck in a very exaggerated way, but yeah once you get the "force" powers it becomes really a different game, after a while you pretty much forget the guns even.

its a flawed but good game, i think the press was a bit too hard on it, ill rank it with fable for being overhyped, but really good on its own terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

7. This is still the most broken game that I've ever loved. I really hope that an improved sequel is released at some point, but it seems unlikely. Damn the man.