Next to the large, attention-hogging Soul Calibur 2 kiosk at the Namco booth is a much smaller one, starring an equally small character. An action/platformer from Argonaut, I-Ninja is a flexible and fun game when it wants to be, but still needs a few minor tweaks that can make it a complete blast.

I-Ninja has a nice arrangement of weapons and maneuvere at his disposal, including the standard ninja stars, a sword that doubles as a copter blade, allowing him to float down across large gaps, and the ability to cling onto a wall and run along it.

The big, glaring problem is the game's (or, hopefully, level's) poor pacing: the environments are huge but it's rare you'll encounter any enemies. Sub-bosses are pretty common but tend to drag on and on, and the big mini-game (I-Ninja gets into a mech and the starts s a first person robot boxing game) takes forever to finish. With tighter smaller environments (sure, I-Ninja is supposed to be small and scrawny, but come on), more regular enemies, and bosses that have less life (they're not hard, just a bit tedious) this can become a fantastic ninja platformer.