Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1020222324

Thread: Dragonball Z

I saw the theatrical trailer for this at the movies the other day.

Holy shit, this may turn out to be the worst movie ever. Nothing I saw has anything to do with Dragonball anything. It looked like the fucking power rangers meets live action street fighter meets uwe boll.

Edit: Yeah it's the same trailer as above. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 25 Jan 2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I actually saw this, I didn't pay because a friend of mine had free passes. I liked it. The plot of Dragonball was there. This is not Dragonball Z. This is a movie about a guy that meets up with a girl in search of the dragonballs. The main reason is to stop piccolo. On the way he meets Roshi and Yamcha. I thought this movie was going to be crap and don't think by any means that it was oscar potential acting or it was going to be exactly like the anime. All of my friends that saw it with me are all big anime fans and we all thought it wasn't that bad. I'd give it a C+ and I would buy it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I actually saw this, I didn't pay because a friend of mine had free passes. I liked it. The plot of Dragonball was there. This is not Dragonball Z. This is a movie about a guy that meets up with a girl in search of the dragonballs.
    This is what I thought it was about judging from the trailer. Now I'm actually kind of curious/interested. Not enough to actually go see it mind you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I actually saw this, I didn't pay because a friend of mine had free passes. I liked it. The plot of Dragonball was there. This is not Dragonball Z. This is a movie about a guy that meets up with a girl in search of the dragonballs. The main reason is to stop piccolo. On the way he meets Roshi and Yamcha. I thought this movie was going to be crap and don't think by any means that it was oscar potential acting or it was going to be exactly like the anime. All of my friends that saw it with me are all big anime fans and we all thought it wasn't that bad. I'd give it a C+ and I would buy it.
    Why would you buy a movie that you gave a C+ to? I got a C+ in French and I sucked at French.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I actually saw this, I didn't pay because a friend of mine had free passes. I liked it. The plot of Dragonball was there. This is not Dragonball Z. This is a movie about a guy that meets up with a girl in search of the dragonballs. The main reason is to stop piccolo. On the way he meets Roshi and Yamcha. I thought this movie was going to be crap and don't think by any means that it was oscar potential acting or it was going to be exactly like the anime. All of my friends that saw it with me are all big anime fans and we all thought it wasn't that bad. I'd give it a C+ and I would buy it.
    Sure if you boil the plot down to thirteen words "A guy that meets up with a girl in search of the dragonballs" then sure the Dragonball plot is there. If how ever you actually look at the real Dragonball plot and what happened in it, then this isn't it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. There is nothing about this movie worth watching. Please repeat after me: I will not give Fox 10 dollars to make them feel good about making this. I will watch this on youtube with my friends while drunk after insisting that we watch Ricky-oh and having to settle for this when I can't find it.

7. Oh I didn't give Fox any money, but like I said I thought the movie was ok. Going in I knew it would be nothing like the anime, so I went in with a clean slate. And I've seen some bad adaptations. The JCVD Street Fighter movie and House of the Dead to name some and this comes no where close to those disasters.

8. And now you speak ill of JCVD Street Fighter???
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. I came into this movie not a fan of DBZ. But after watching it I'd much rather be subjected to the entire DBZ series then ever have to watch this pile of shit again.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.