Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observe and Report

1. Observe and Report

I didn't see a thread for this movie and don't blame any one if they thought it was going to be another Paul Blart.

Well, it wasn't but it isn't what you would expect either. It is kind of a strange movie that is pretty funny but also a little fucked up. I saw about 5 people or so walk out of this movie but I think the crowd here at TNL would appreciate the film.

Was interested in knowing if any one saw it and what they thought. If anything I would recommend this as a rental.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. I hear its pretty dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Yeah it is, not your typical Seth Rogen movie.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. Its a pretty much Bad Santa, only with Mall Security.

Heard a lot of good words for it.

5. It's GREAT! Go see it. It is a dark comedy for sure. Seth Rogen is channeling a funnier version of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver. There are quite a few shocking moments, and it could be argued the movie goes too far, but I thought it was deviously hilarious.

EDIT: Also, for those who don't know Jody Hill, who wrote and directed Observe and Report, also wrote and directed the Eastbound and Down HBO series.
    Last edited by Seik; 13 Apr 2009 at 06:26 PM.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. I loved Foot Fist Way and am hyped about this. Completely forgot it came out last weekend.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I need to go see this, haven't been to a movie in awhile and this is right up my alley.

8. I really need to see this, wanted to try and go today but that's nto gonna happen maybe next week.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Weird movie- it's nothing like the trailers and commercials make it look. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It was interesting, at least, with a few good laughs. But how did Seth Rogan's character not have to serve 100 years in prison after clubbing all those cops with his Maglite?

Wayyyy too much dick in the final chase scene, BTW.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 15 Apr 2009 at 11:13 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Movie was fucking amazing. I saw the trailers and dismissed it at first, but then realized it's written & directed by the same writer/director as Eastbound and Down and went out to see it ASAP.

This was the furthest thing from the feel good comedy of the year. Some parts were just downright brutal. Every scene with his mom was just so horrifyingly brilliant.

If you're a pussy and can't handle so-awkward-your-brain-is-cringing comedy, this isn't the movie for you. But I fucking loved it.