Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hideo Kojima explains why Solid Snake is so cool.

1. Hideo Kojima explains why Solid Snake is so cool.

From Nintendo Power, via Gamerfeed:

NP: Is Solid Snake based on anyone?

HK: The Solid Snake in Twin Snakes is not. The original Snake from the MSX Metal Gear game was based on Christopher Walken. (laughs)

Hideo later went on to mention that he has never met Walken.

Just thought someone else may get a kick out of this.

2. From what movie?
    pwned by Ivan

3. Yeah, I heard about that before. The interview actually refers to the original PS1 MGS and not really original MSX game (in which Snake was designed after Michael Biehn), but the translator made a mistake. In MGS1, Snake was designed after Christopher Walken with Van Damme's body according to a Yoji Shinkawa interview.

4. I thought when they first made snake, they were thinking of "First Blood".
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

5. Originally posted by unit003
    I thought when they first made snake, they were thinking of "First Blood".
    Nope, you're thinking of Contra. He did had a Stallone/Gibson look in Metal Gear 2.

6. Originally posted by Green
    From what movie?
    Deer Hunter?

Whatever it is, or whichever game it's from. That's some fun trivia.

7. Coulda sworn the MGS version was based off of Snake Plisken, from Escape from N.Y / L.A.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

8. What ever Walken movie it's really from, I wish it was Pulp Fiction.
    Snake (to Raiden)- I kept this tranq gun up my ass for the whole mission. Take it!
    pwned by Ivan

9. Originally posted by Roufuss
    Coulda sworn the MGS version was based off of Snake Plisken, from Escape from N.Y / L.A.
    Nope, it where's he took the Snake part of Solid Snake's codename. The Solid part was to make it more paradoxical.

10. lol, all I can see is Christopher Walken dancing in that Moby music video? Maybe Snake in the next DDR?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."