Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox now available at $179

1. Xbox now available at $179

In case you missed the news all over the web, we wanted to make sure that you were still existing in our current timeline. As of May 15, the Xbox was lowered to its new price point of $179.99 in North America and $249.99 in Canada.

Gamers that have been "patiently" sitting on the fence will receive the new S controller bundled with <i>Jet Set Radio Future</i> and <i>Sega GT 2002</i> featured as a special packaged deal. In addition, online functionality can be immediately enjoyed with an existing high-speed connection to compete in popular titles such as <i>Capcom vs. SNK 2</i>, <i>Mech Assault</i> and <i>Return to Castle Wolfenstein</i>.

"Our commitment to the consumer is to offer the best system at the best price with the best selection of software," notes Robbie Bach, senior vice president and chief Xbox officer at Microsoft's home and entertainment division. "This new price point for Xbox will bring the world's most innovative interactive entertainment system to the broadest audience."

In addition to this new price, Xbox is featuring an impressive line-up of new games for the coming year this week at E3, as well as enhancements to its online gaming service and innovative new entertainment products to expand the definition of video game entertainment.

2. $250 is still a bit steep for me, as I have a grand total of $40.80 in the bank.

3. @ chicken icon

Re: Xbox now available at $179

Originally posted by bahn
    In addition to this new price, Xbox is featuring an impressive line-up of new games for the coming year
    3 PC ports, Dino Crisis 3, and Halo 2. I guess "impressive" is in the eye of the beholder.

5. AT one store I was at (It's a music store... that has a small little section for games). They were advertiseing the X-Box as "Price Break. $149.99 after $30 mail in rebate". I forgot to check and see if it was the bundle package. As it might have been just the snad alone 'Box. But either way... Has anyone else seen something like that?

6. Originally posted by Criticom
    AT one store I was at (It's a music store... that has a small little section for games). They were advertiseing the X-Box as "Price Break. $149.99 after $30 mail in rebate". I forgot to check and see if it was the bundle package. As it might have been just the snad alone 'Box. But either way... Has anyone else seen something like that?
    As a matter of fact, I work for the store in question.

All TransWorld Entertainment stores (Coconuts, FYE, Record Town, The Wall, etc.) are selling XBOX bundles (XBOX, the two free Sega games included, and the choice between 6 other titles, including Blinx and Fusion Frenzy) for $149.99 after a mail in rebate.

It's the best XBOX deal around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Re: Re: Xbox now available at $179

Originally posted by Yoshi
    3 PC ports, Dino Crisis 3, and Halo 2. I guess "impressive" is in the eye of the beholder.
    zip it dino troll.

...in other news, PS2 is also available now for $179.99

8. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable

All TransWorld Entertainment stores (Coconuts, FYE, Record Town, The Wall, etc.) are selling XBOX bundles (XBOX, the two free Sega games included, and the choice between 6 other titles, including Blinx and Fusion Frenzy) for $149.99 after a mail in rebate.

Ok, yeah... I believe this might have been a record town. It's a great deal. I'm glad it's not just the core system!

9. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable

That's a great deal! I think that would make a friend of mine very happy. Do you have a link to anything online that I could print out and use to show I'm not crazy when I try to ask the local FYE about this? I find cashier types do much better when they can look at pictures. Only because this is primarily a record store and I'm sure the chance of getting somebody who doesn't know jack about games is very high.

10. I don't have anything you can print out, and www.fye.com isn't being too cooperative right now.

The site sucks anyway, and probably doesn't mention the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.