Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacing broken/old Consoles

1. My Gameboy just didn't turn on one day...it wasn't the batteries, so I had to replace that.
    My NES conked out on me right before the SNES came out, I just replaced my NES and had to wait another birthday for the SNES... it had a happy ending though.
    Besides my PS2 issues (power is fading in and out)- been through the trouble once before. All is ok on other consoles that I have had
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

2. 2600: Broke controller port, fixed myself, modded s-video.

NES: replaced stupid cartridge connector 3 times.

Saturn: wasn't reading discs, when took apart to see what was wrong, nuked P/S. DOH!

CD-I: belt for the drawer broke, replaced with rubber band, still working.

Never owned a PSX but every single one anyone I know has, has some sort of disc read issues...
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

I have replaced consoles because I sold/traded them and wanted them back, but I have never had to replace one for the reason of a malfunction. It's called taking care of your things and keeping them in a dust-free environment.

4. TG-16: Turbo chip broke off inside unit
    NES: It's an NES
    PS2: It "ate" blue discs and choked on DVDs (Don't buy refurbished - BUY USED!)

Originally posted by Yoshi
    I have replaced consoles because I sold/traded them and wanted them back, but I have never had to replace one for the reason of a malfunction. It's called taking care of your things and keeping them in a dust-free environment.
    And for the record I've treated all my systems like gold. Some of them don't like me very much, that's all.

5. Originally posted by Yoshi
    You could live in a nerf-clad cleanroom and would still have problems with the NES's cartridge port and the PS1s laser mech.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Originally posted by Wildkat
    You could live in a nerf-clad cleanroom and would still have problems with the NES's cartridge port and the PS1s laser mech.
    I'll give you the NES. I honestly never had a problem with my PS. Granted, I did not get one until RE came out, so I may have missed the really bad runs.

7. My consoles are constantly in a smoke filled environment and all of them still work and are in their original colour.

8. 1. SNES - Got fucked up during an electrical storm and it made the output sort of purplish and dark. Bought a new one.

2. Playstation - I've gone through two of these. The first one had the infamous FMV/audio skipping problem and the second one stopped booting. After the second one broke, I started doing all of my Playstation gaming on my PC.

3. NES - Had the blinking green screen problem. I could deal with this because I could blow on the connecters and shake the cartridge and it would work 1 out of 10 times. I had a lot more patience back then.

My best luck has been with Sega consoles: My original Genesis still works, as do my Saturn and Dreamcast.