Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing broken/old Consoles

1. Replacing broken/old Consoles

Inspired by This thread about the class-action suit against Sony: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...430#post413430

*ahem*

If you have been gaming for long enough, you are bound to "wear out" your consoles. Thats a fact of life- people die, and things break and wear out.

How many times have you replaced your consoles, and which ones?

For Me...

Saturn: 1

DC: 1

NES: 2

32X: 2

Genesis: 2

My PSX is suprisingly still in order, though it sounds sick.

PSX: 2
    Genesis: 2
    http://images.southparkstudios.com/i...news/1632a.gif

CRAB PEOPLE!!!! CRAB PEOPLE!!!! TASTE LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!!!

The Dreamcast is the only system I've had probelms with.

4. *knock on wood* I havent had to replace any of them

only thing i had that didnt work was a Sega CD i got for free but i still havent gotten another one dont think that counts though
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Playstation died and needed replacing.

6. DC: 4
    PSX: 3
    PS2: 2
    XBOX: 2
    NES: 1
    SNES: 1
    GENESIS: 1
    N64: 3
    Saturn: 2

I din't need to replace any of these due to "break-downs." Unless stupid decisions count as break-downs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. my genesis pulled a burn-out on me a few years back. I lost my model 1 and I still miss it to this day.

Then there was the incident involving my dad using my psx as a doorstep... "oops"! Ticked me off that I was dumb enough to trade in my saturn for a new one (plus games I collected )
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

8. I've never had a system completely burn out on me before, but I suppose my genesis and NES are coming close.....they seem to only work 50% of the time.

Oh no, wait, rephrase that, I had a GBC blow up on my before. Seriously, it blew up, the screen went out, and it never worked again ;_; I didn't buy another GB for a long time after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. PSX- 7
    PS2- 3
    DC- 1
    Soon to be SNES

The number represents how many times I had to replace each system. God bless EB's old 2 year warranty.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. The only true replacement I've had to do was the original Playstation. The NES was the other system to die on me, but I never replaced it.

In addition to that however, I've bought like 6 Genesises (sic?) which was due to some odd Ebay insanity on my part. Basically I thought my Genesis was broken (turns out it wasn't) and I bought another to replace it. When I started looking into buying one, I remember thinking "You can get such good deals if you buy a Genesis with lots of games!" Then my memory fails me, then I owned 7 Genesises.