Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24: Season Two - Afterthoughts - SPOILERS!!!!!!

1. Awesome episode, but I'm pissed that it didn't close everything out. Season 2 does not feel like a story able to stand on its own like season 1 was. Season 1 had an end. You felt like it didn't need any more. Season 2 is heavily relying on season 3 the way it ended.

2. You're exactly right Chibi. This is 24. I like these characters. When the season is done, I want to say "Well thank goodness that day is over" along with them. The end-of-season cliff hanger is used in every other TV show. 24 is supposed to be something different.

3. Originally posted by MonsterMash
    You're exactly right Chibi. This is 24. I like these characters. When the season is done, I want to say "Well thank goodness that day is over" along with them. The end-of-season cliff hanger is used in every other TV show. 24 is supposed to be something different.
    Think about it though--the repurcussions of the day's events will be felt long after the first 24 hrs. No matter what there will be fodder for the next season. Palmer dying or whatever was in keeping with the "surprise" death of the first season--no matter who it was who could have died people would label it as a cliff hanger. Palmer was also Jack's greatest ally--who's gonna help him now? I think the producers treated season one as a stand alone season because, as I felt then, the show was too good and niche to last. I was wrong. Now they want people to tune in for season 3 and if they keep producing quality televison then I'll support them--even if it is preempted by American Idle.