Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Matrix's' Tank Files Lawsuit Against the Wachowskis

1. 'Matrix's' Tank Files Lawsuit Against the Wachowskis

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/st...-17026,00.html

HOLLYWOOD (Zap2it.com) – American actor Marcus Chong is suing the makers of “The Matrix” for failing to recast him in “Matrix Reloaded” and “Matrix Revolutions.”

Chong played the role of Tank, brother to Dozer and crewmember of the Nebuchadnezzar, in the 1999 film "The Matrix," the first of the trilogy.

According to papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Chong accuses Warner Bros. and parent company AOL Time Warner and the film's producers of breaching their 1998 oral agreement and a 2000 contract to revive his character, Tank, in the two sequels.

He is also accusing the filmmakers of "intentionally publishing numerous false statements ... that he was a terrorist," and of conspiring to ruin his career.

According to information submitted on the Web by the actor himself, Chong was offered $250,000 for the two sequels (he received $50,000 net for the first film), which were shot back-to-back. He in turn requested $500,000 plus a bonus of $500,000 upon release of the two films, which was met by a letter from "The Matrix" directors, Larry and Andy Wachowski, saying that he would not be returning for the sequels.

The brothers later filed a restraining order against the actor, accusing him of making repeated phone calls to the directors of a harassing nature after his salary demands were not met.

While Tank was one of only four survivors of the Neb's crew at the end of the first film, in "Reloaded" we learn that he died and was replaced by Link (Harold Perrineau), who happens to be dating Tank and Dozer's sister, Zee (Nona Gaye).

The adopted son of actor/director Tommy Chong of "Cheech and Chong," next month Chong is set to begin filming Lance Mungia’s “The Crow: Wicked Prayer” with Edward Furlong and Tara Reid.

2. /me sighs

The Crow 4 starring Eddy freakin' Furlong. Boy I'm saving my $6.

3. Its not goign to be theatrical release anyway. Still I just hope its better than Crow 3.

4. My bag, my bag, can someone erase this thread then.

5. There's going to be a Crow starring Eddie Furlong?! Though nothing can beat the first film this will surely make my collection.

6. Originally posted by Despair
    Its not goign to be theatrical release anyway. Still I just hope its better than Crow 3.
    3 was VERY cliche but i liked it a lot more than the 2nd movie. the first is still my all time favorite movie ever tho.

7. Haha, what a loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Whatever merit there might be to Marcus Chong's case, he proven himself to be a complete whack job through his own statements and actions.

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/images/aad.jpg

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/

9. What the fuck is he babbling about in that letter? And what the hell is going on with how it's written? It looks like he just hit enter at random points while writing it! This sucks, I loved Tank in the movie and now he sounds like a damn crack pot.