Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "The Scorpion King" Thread

1. And Reign of Fire is going to be cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet! Simply because Christian Bale is in it.

SC

2. Damn!! I'm soo want to see the trailler!!!

Maybe I will find it for download now.

3. Damn..I can't wait for Spider-Man... , My Bad, wrong thread...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

4. Originally posted by Despair
    Damn!! I'm soo want to see the trailler!!!

Maybe I will find it for download now.
    Someone asked to see trailers?

I've got one...but I gotta ask permission if I can post the link...or its death to Bahn! :jest:

5. Originally posted by spacecowboy
    I think this best sums up my thoughts on the Scorpion King:

Movie for white trash only.
    by: oinker_school_kid (69/M) 04/22/02 09:09 am
    rating:
    If you live in a trailer park, wear a Ted Nugent tee shirt, or have a number 8 or 3 in your pickup truck window you will probably like this one. For the rest of you educated people RUN. The only reason I went is because I promised to take my brothers kids to see it while he is in jail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SC
    Damn dude...don't hate. If you don't got nothing positive to say...prolly best not to say anything.

6. Hey, just because some of us are dirty rednecks doesnt mean that we like crap-movies. Thats women that like terrible movies(Shakespeare in love, Sweet November), at least get your stereotypes correct.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."

Stibbons Guest
    There are some awkward deliveries of lines, but other than that, no one can deny that the Rock has more of a screen presence and (I'm sorry, I can't think of another word) electricity than most Hollywood actors who have been perfecting their craft for years. Just in the very first scene when the Rock comes out from behind the fog, the look in his eyes tells you that he's a badass.

Very good action movie, give it a look.

--------------------

*spoiler for Metal Gear Solid 2 and the Scorpion King ahead*

In the very end, when Rock was about to fire that arrow at the bad guy, did anyone get a MGS2 flashback? In the scene where Raiden fires a shot at Fortune to have her forcefield bounce the bullet into Vamp's head? Since the bad guy (I forget his name) could catch arrows, I swore the Rock was about to bounce the arrow off the wall or something.

Then, to flashback to MGS even more, 5 minutes later the credits roll, and "Screenplay by David Hayter," the voice of Solid Snake.

8. How does it compare to Conan the Barbarian. I'll likely see the movie later, but if it stacks up well against that then I'm game ASAP.

ºTracer
    o_O

9. Originally posted by spacecowboy
    And Reign of Fire is going to be cool, and by cool I mean totally sweet! Simply because Christian Bale is in it.

SC
    Christian Bale is an underrated actor, he was awesome in American Psycho. Empire of the Sun was a great flick, and for such a little kid, he did some great acting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Well, We seen it last night, and its was very fun movie. Rock was pretty good in his role, and sword fighting and action was great. I really liked his entrance in the beginning of the film too

Kelly Hu was very hot, especially in all of the outfits that she was wearing. Sure, they just HAD TO put funny sidekicks in it, and a kid but even with those movie worked very well.

I think main bad guy was ok for his role, since he was master of the sword, and thus relied more on the weapons than on brute physical strenght. In the sword duel he DID beat the Rock, and if not for happy ending, Rock character WOULD be DEAD. But in hand combat Rock did have a huge advantage, and so in using a bow.

Well, It was one of the better films I seen in a while, and my whole fmaily had a fun watching it. Wife thinks that Rock is cute