Thread: Gandalf the Grey (The Lord of the Rings)

1. Gandalf the Grey (The Lord of the Rings)

Here's the second assignment of Michel's final exams for art class entitled 'Gandalf the Grey'.

Pencils/Inks/Colors by Michel

FX/Finishing Touches by René

http://www.art-community.com/member/...f_the_Grey.jpg

2. Hoooha. Excellent light, shade, and color. ;P For you own good, and, just because it's good, I'm going to be picky. There are parts that look like they didn't get as much attention as Gandalf himself. For instance, the part of the cart that's receding into the background and the pole part (?) on the right side of Gandalf.
    Also, the horse's head is a little funky and it'd be nice to see a little more texture in there. It looks like Gandalf's sitting on a board much to small for his derrier. I'm not sure if there's a notch cut out for his back, but it looks a bit odd. ;3 Here's the part I hate to say... Linear perspective would help.

3. eeep!!oh my god!it's so gorgeous!!I wish i can afford to go to an art school!!

4. =O wow that kicks ass!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Wow, that looks fantastic. Your colors make that pic really come alive! Good subject to do as well. Gandalf leads himself to art pretty easily. You two are great, I await seeing more of your work!

6. ouch..nice stuff..
    It just beat the crap out of all my work ever!
    hahahahaha
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers