Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Chapter of HARRY POTTER book 5 leaked online!!!(?)

1. First Chapter of HARRY POTTER book 5 leaked online!!!(?)

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/...p_phoenix.html

Whoever wrote this did quite a good job of immitating Rowling's style... I was actually borderline convinced until...
    "Well, I want ya to know that you needn't worry about that. Hermione, she knew what it was to have a man's love, Harry. Trust me, she knew."

Hagrid wiped a tear from his cheek with a huge paw.

"-repeatedly."

"Um, thank you, Hagrid. I think."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Uh... k?

3. Um. yeah.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Hmm, She knew man love. She knew !

5. Harry Potter sucks balls.

6. LordPerrin, you're 21 and you read this crap? I suppose you like the movies too, huh? Lame dude.

7. Before the first movie came out, I picked up one of the books at ye olde book store and was pretty much put off by the booger/pee-pee/tee-hee jokes.

Then I saw the first movie on HBO and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

8. What's wrong with liking the Harry Potter books? Even though it took a few years for my wife to convince me to read the books, when I finally did, they were a quick and enjoyable to read. I'll be looking forward to the fifth book, now that it seems the story has become a little darker now. Fake or not, I think I'll wait until the full book is out before I read it.

9. I don't see what the problem is with Harry Potter.

I read widely - pretty much enjoy most genres of books. And I have Harry Potter 5 preordered from Amazon and own all four books on audio cassette as well as in novel form.

What's the problem? It's just... I dunno. Literature snobbery. They're bloody good fun to read, and I pity people who can't see past their own sense of coolness and just read one for more than a second. I'm almost cetain that most people base their opinions off the film - read the Goblet of Fire, or the Prisoner of Azkaban. These two are a huge leap onwards in style from the first two, and are just better reads overall.

As I say, I can't wait for the new book. It's been at the top of my must read list for months.

edit: By the way, that extract reads NOTHING LIKE J.K. Rowling's style. If you think it's a good imitation, I think you probably need to read the books again. And if I want to be pedantic, Harry hasn't owned a Nimbus 2000 since the third book. He plays quidditch on a Firebolt now.
    BTFJ