Thread: So Long, Taking Back Sunday

So Long, Taking Back Sunday

I know that this is about 2 weeks old news, but I though I'd post it anyway. The indie rock/emo band Taking Back Sunday has gone on "hiatus" and there is no news of side projects or the like. I really enjoyed their debut album and I've seen them live several times. It's quite ashame, really. It reminds me alot of the At the Drive-in situation of a few years ago where a band breaks up without realizing their full potential.

Any other sad fans around here?

2. Not really, and I think it is a travesty to compare them to At The Drive-In. I mean, they where not that horrible of a band, but I dont think they added anything to an allready crowded market of groups that did the same thing.

I had an oppurtunity to see one of their shows a month or so ago but passed. Kind of wish I would have now just to say that I saw them before they broke up.

I have been following the news though, seems as though only 3 of the members are "leaving" which I think would count as a breakup.
    your mom

Taking Back Sunday is awesome... too bad they broke up.

4. Bye Taking back Sunday, I didn't even know ya...
    No, Seriously I Don't know what they sound like, heheheehe
    The Wreck is going down, get out before you drown...

Then take your ass to Kazaa... and while you're there resize that avatar. Its way too big.

6. Well, yours is too long, or something...

No, cunt. Read the rules on avater sizes.

Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Maximum avatar size limit is 160 pixels wide x 100 pixels high.

Please respect our bandwidth and keep your avatar within this range.

8. I fixed it , happy baby?

9. I a current world filled with "emo"/punk hybrid bands, Taking Back Sunday really stood out to me. Mainly the back and forth lyrics of the two singers, Adam and Jon, added to the intensity of things.

I saw them live right around when "Tell All Your Friends" was released and they were great, tons of energy and they sounded great. I then saw them two more times before they broke up and they got increasingly worse as time went on. Sure, tons of energy, but they were barely playing the songs anymore. Between on stage antics and the crowd it was like you heard the first 3 seconds of the song and then just a mess of noise for the next 2 minutes.

Still, they had a great debut album, who knows what else could have come from them in the future. If you guys haven't checked out the song they put on the Victory Records sampler you should, it's one of their best. It's called "The Ballad of Sal Villinuava", who is oddly enough the name of the producer of "Tell All Your Friends".
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

10. they suck.

bandwagon -1