Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Metal Panic

1. Full Metal Panic

School girls? Mechs? Pop idols?

Just noticed the review on AnimeonDVD... Almost forgot about this one. I've only been able to catch the first two manga inserts in Newtype... And the trailer for the show, but I'm not too sure if I'm interested enough to go out and get the first disc.

~Anyone?

2. The next issue of Newtype (coming out within a few weeks, I believe) will have Full Metal Panic episode 1 on the DVD

3. I have a few episodes on my computer. I like what I have seen so far and hopefully this series will re-kindle my intrest in anime, since it has died down a little bit as of late.

I saw about half of the series back when I was in anime club. I enjoyed it, but the first episode is definitely not the episode to judge it by I didn't like the first but the later episodes got much better.
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. I think it's a great little series if you like the romantic-comedy-with-mecha type shows. The first season is made up of three story arcs, if I remember correctly. They make a few random episodes in between, but for the most part it's three seperate continuities over the course of 26 episodes. (I may be wrong, it's been months since I saw it all.)

I remember laughing and cheering quite a bit...and I hear there's a second TV series coming out VERRRRY soon.

6. Got Newtype last night and popped in the DVD first thing.

Seems interesting enough. Looks like I'll probably end up getting the first volume. The story is kinda goofy, but the show is fairly humorous and the characters are pretty likable so far.

Note: The manga designs look better then their anime counterparts, methinks... Can't put my finger on what it is, but there's something...

7. Friendly boomp.

Volume 1 out this Tuesday. Best Buy has the box set listed as $30 on their website... not a bad deal at all.

You should be in for a treat overall. The first episode gives you an idea of what the filler episodes are like, but many of the later filler episodes are much better than the first few IMO.

When the real storyarcs begin though it gets real good.
    Taking it one day at a time.

9. I gave in and bought the box set.

SHOW:

Not bad. Definitely goofy. If you try it take it seriously, you're not going to really enjoy it. The storyline is still a bit vague and it just starts to take off in episode 4, and lots of details are still left out for now.

Like the Brother said, don't judge the show by the first episode.

The characters grow on you a bit, and the exchanges between characters are fairly humorous. Lots of goofy moments in tow, and the show maintains a light atmosphere despite the settings.

Worth the $30.

But... the t-shirt that was included with the box is pretty poor. Of course it is unwearable [read: XL] anyway, but the print quality is shitty. The color, in particular, is simply bad.

Nice packaging, otherwise.

10. I have the *ahem* unoffical boxset and am up to episode 18. I am really enjoying it so far, I like the mix of comedy and drama. It is not as jarring as say, Trigun, it blends together really well. The animation is quite nice too with pretty cool mech battles. I am not too fond of the opening and ending songs though...