Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games you bought the system for this generation

1. Games you bought the system for this generation

And did they meet your expectations?

GBA: Made in Wario (Yes: probably my favourite game this generation although I did play the rom for hours and hours)

Xbox: Jet Set Radio Future (No: I like it, but I like JSR more. Some parts of the game were just really bad and soured the experience)

PS2: Virtua Fighter 4 (No: Visually appalling and I didn't have an arcade stick initially so I lost interest fast. Evo vindicated it)

GC: None, just Capcom and Sega games in general (Yes: No standouts, just lots of solid games)

2. The way I see it is I don't wait to buy any system anymore just as long as the support is there. I bought all 3 major platforms day one and never regretted it. The only axception would be the GBA because of that joke of a screen. I waited till Nintendo wised up and released the SP.

And I'll be buying all 3 major platforms when their next generation counterpart releases. Those and the Sony PSP (or whatever).

3. GC: Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda: The Wind Waker.

I'm going to buy an Xbox for True Fantasy Live Online.

4. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    The way I see it is I don't wait to buy any system anymore just as long as the support is there. I bought all 3 major platforms day one and never regretted it. The only axception would be the GBA because of that joke of a screen. I waited till Nintendo wised up and released the SP.

And I'll be buying all 3 major platforms when their next generation counterpart releases. Those and the Sony PSP (or whatever).
    Ditto.

XBOX: Panzer Dragoon Orta
    PS2: Tekken Tag
    GCN: Mario Sunshine
    GBA: Wario Land 4
    http://images.southparkstudios.com/i...news/1632a.gif

CRAB PEOPLE!!!! CRAB PEOPLE!!!! TASTE LIKE CRAB, TALK LIKE PEOPLE!!!

6. I never buy a console with just one game in mind, but here are the main reasons:

GBA-Mario Kart Advance(still my most played GBA game)

PS2-Konami Games(they've been the best PS2 publisher, but some games should have been better)

GameCube-Nintendo games(slightly dissapointing)

7. gameboy advance
    i technically don't have a gameboy advance, but i will be picking up a gameboy player for the castlevania games and metroid fusion. i've played circle of the moon on a friend's system and although it's not as good as symphony of the night, i wasn't disappointed.

playstation 2
    gran turismo 3. i love cars, and the minute i saw this sucker running and how beautiful it looked, i knew i had to have it. i wasn't disappointed at all. the first day i got it, i played all night.

gamecube
    metroid prime. i swore i would hate it, but as the release date was nearing, something told me i should play this, so i grabbed a gamecube along with the game as a self x-mas present. was i disappointed? absolutely not. metroid prime stands as my second favorite game of all time.

xbox
    i actually wasn't thinking about getting an xbox, but i ended up owning one via a x-mas present from my brother. he actually bought it because he wanted to play hunter: the reckoning, but i figured i'd pick up another game with it, so i went with halo. i wasn't too blown away by it initially, but the more i played it, the more i wanted to play --- it had me hooked. it's one of my favorite games right now.

8. » PS2: Not one single great game, it was more a matter of a huge list of very good games such as Klonoa, Sly Cooper, Shinobi, Maximo, Skygunner, Dark Cloud 2, and so on.

» GBA: Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Klonoa.

» XB: I don't own the system and don't really want one... but if/when I get one JSRF and PDO will be the first games I buy.

» GCN: There are no Cube games that I have anything more than mild interest for. Maybe Billy Hatcher will change that. *shrug*

9. If I had to pick just one game at the time-
    Xbox- JSRF. I didn't like it, but I got some game I heard was good called Halo as well. It made up for it.
    GC- Rogue Leader. Worth it.
    PS2- can't pick just one
    GBA- Cirle of the Moon. The game was worth. Hardware, on the other hand....
    pwned by Ivan

10. I never really buy a system for only one game, but these were the "clinchers" for me:

Gamecube: Super Smash Bros Melee/Super Monkey Ball.

PS2: None, I got my system for free when they bundled it with Gran Turismo 3. I hate realistic racing games.

Xbox: Panzer Dragoon Orta - The Xbox library basically sucks (aside from Orta), but my Xbox is modded. So I use it for divx movie watching, emulation, and other things.

GBA: Advance Wars
    GBA SP: Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland/Mario Kart/Zelda: Link to the Past