Thread: For sale: Cheap Ipaq with Dead Battery

For sale: Cheap Ipaq with Dead Battery

I have here an Ipaq 3150 that I want to sell. The internal battery is dead, but otherwise works perfectly. It's a good little unit, but not as powerful as the Pocket PC's out now. It's got a 206 mhz processor (runs as fast as most of the units out now), 16 megs of internal memory, and a B&W screen. It has the original OS loaded on it, although it can be upgraded to PPC 2002 if you'd like. I like the old one better on this unit. Also, this unit has been refurbished. The microphone jack has been replaced with a newer model (the originals had the bad habit of breaking) and the screen has been sealed so that dust cannot get under it.

The unit does come with the Compaq Compact Flash sleeve, so that you can expand the memory with CF cards, which is necessary given the low amount of internal memory. No biggie, CF cards are dirt cheap all over the web. It also comes with the original USB cradle, original AC adapter, and a travel serial cable (needed for backing up the ROM onto CF cards). Also has 3 generic styluses, two of which have never been used, and the original software cd. I also have a leather case with a belt clip somewhere... I never used it since it wouldn't fit with the CF sleeve on it.

For a replacement battery, you can check out www.ipaqrepair.com they are the ones that did the headphone jack repair and screen sealing, and I highly recommend them. You can either send the unit to them or just buy the battery and install it yourself. There are many other places on the web that sell the batteries too. They typically go for 50-60 bucks for the OEM battery, or 100 bucks for a high capacity one. (use high capacity at your own risk)

For payment I can take (in order of preference) Paypal, trades, cash (at your own risk) checks. Post reply or pm me if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. can it be wireless?

You can use a wireless bluetooth or WiFi card in the unit with the CompactFlash sleeve, Wifi cards use a CF adapter anyway.

Surfing the net on a pda sucks ass though, ESPECIALLY this message board.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Originally posted by GohanX
    You can use a wireless bluetooth or WiFi card in the unit with the CompactFlash sleeve, Wifi cards use a CF adapter anyway.

Surfing the net on a pda sucks ass though, ESPECIALLY this message board.
    Well, its not for me..its for a friend whos looking for a IPAC with wireless.