Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: Sony appreciation thread

1. I'm also going to agree with the Ratchet & Clank hate. As Pacrappa said, they were very uninspired character designs. The only one who had a SHRED of character was the super hero, but even he got old after awhile.

The levels were horrid, and there were too many pointless guns. I honestly hated all those levels, they were so bland and uninspired I can't really think of one that stood out.

I played through I'd say.. about 80% of it before I just got sick of it, and it felt like a chore.

But Pa... why the hate for Jak 2? It actually has a good premise, imo.

And is this just for Sony 1st party, or for games Sony helps publish as well? Cause they had some involvement on FF Tactics, but it would be ridiculous to put that here, just like any game Sony only *publishes*.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Originally posted by xS

Btw, am I the only Mickey Mania fan around these parts?
    Of course not, Mickey Mania was a delightful little game.

3. Mickey Mania still looks great, and plays pretty well, to this day. The Sega CD version is THE version to own though, followed by the Genny version, since it can go portable, and then the SNES version, which looks a little better than the other versions, but features less responsive controls.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Yeah I failed to see how guns or a big level or two made R&C "innovative".

Jak 2 hate stems directly from playing the demo. Lesseeee... Same two sappy weakass "we wish we could design characters as good as the Japanese" type characters. Same crappy camera, same bad music. BUT! They've gone and added some sort of hoverboard thingy, the ultimate sure sign of all sure signs that they have run out of anything resembling an "idea".

"Well crap.... we've signed this contract for multiple games based on what are clearly our worst characters ever..... shoot! We ran out of ideas before we ever started on the Crash series so what the fuck are we gonna do?"
    "Aw man c'mon! You played Sonic Adventure! We'll put their sorry asses on a snowboard and then all we have to do is advertise on MTV!"
    "Booyah! You're a friggin genius brah! Money in the bank!"
    *slapping hi-fives*

Pa