Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 32/64 Bit Replayability

1. 32/64 Bit Replayability

I'm curious what games (if any) from the Saturn/PSX/N64 era do you still play with some sort of regularity.

I fire up my Genesis/SNES and even NES far more often than my Saturn/Genesis/N64 which rarely receive any playing time.

For me, my favorite 16 bit games have far more replayability than games from the 32/64 bit era. I believe it has alot to do with 16 bit games giving me greater satisfaction if I play them in short bursts, like 10-15 minutes, and they are just more fun in my opinion.

Games I still play (but not often at all) are Wave Race 64 (I prefer this over Blue Storm), Dragon Force, Sega Rally, Astal, Strider II, hmmmmmnnn, and that is about it. Whereas the SNES and Genesis games I still play are far to numerous to mention.

2. 32 and 64 bit games sometimes make me cry. .. unless its 2d.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. Originally posted by EvilMog007
    32 and 64 bit games sometimes make me cry. .. unless its 2d.
    I agree, most games (32/64 bit) are literally unplayable today (for me), the transition to 3D sure got ugly at times.

4. Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64 and Conker's BFD. And I'll probably still play them off and on in the next generation.

5. Hmm lets see PSX, Saturn and N64, huh?

Just off the top of my head:

N64 - Super Mario 64, Sin and Punishment (IMPORT), Penny Racers

PSX - Strider 2, Cotton Original (IMPORT), Metal Slug X (if you can't get a Neo Geo/CD system :-)

Saturn - LOTS here (Yes, I love 2D Gameplay! )
    Keio Yugekitai (Keio Flying Squadron 2 in Europe - plays on a NTSC Saturn with PAR cart :-), Astal, Capcom Generation 2 (Ghost and Goblins Collection), Dungeon and Dragons Collection, Daytona USA (not CCE, the first one :-), Panzer Dragoon, Sonic Jam, Guardian Heroes, Tempest 2000, Sega Rally, Cotton 2, and Silhouette Mirage.

Hows that?

6. psx: i still play wipout xl, but it's 8712359 times better in epsxe, so i just run it on my pc. the increased resolution gives the game a second life. no more wondering if the blur up ahead is a turn or not. also, castlevania - sotn.

n64: i like to dig out paper mario and sin and punishment every once in a while.

saturn: radiant silvergun, dodonpachi (until i discovered the wonders of raine,) and nights.

7. Originally posted by dhowerter

Saturn - LOTS here (Yes, I love 2D Gameplay! )
    Keio Yugekitai (Keio Flying Squadron 2 in Europe - plays on a NTSC Saturn with PAR cart :-), Astal, Capcom Generation 2 (Ghost and Goblins Collection), Dungeon and Dragons Collection, Daytona USA (not CCE, the first one :-), Panzer Dragoon, Sonic Jam, Guardian Heroes, Tempest 2000, Sega Rally, Cotton 2, and Silhouette Mirage.

Hows that?
    Nice to see that your Saturn gets so much playing time.

That reminds me, I forget to mention Capcom Generations 2 (GnG) (The Arcade version of Ghouls' N Ghosts is pure gaming bliss), I still play that somewhat often on my friends import Saturn.

8. Recently:

Saturn- Layer Section, Shienryu, Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus, Elevator Action 2, and a shitload of others. IMO, Daytona CCE & Sega Rally still hold up well- but I haven't played them recently.

Taito F3- Darius Gaiden, Global Champion, Pop'N Pop, etc.

SPI System- Raiden Fighters 2

PlayStation- Strider 2 (this is some of the best 3D out of the PS)

It's mostly 2D titles for me as far as 32 bit goes. Generally, a lot of 32 bit 3D games look rather rough due to issues like cracking, dropout, and low polygon counts.

9. Saturn- VF, VF 2, Virtua Cop, Virtua Cop 2, Fighter's Megamix, Burning Rangers, Nights, Street Fighter Collection, Dragon Force, Scud: the Disposable Assassin
    PSX- Strider 2, RPG Maker, Toukon Retsuden, Theme Park
    N64- Blast Corps, F-Zero X, WWF No Mercy, WCW/NWO Revenge, WWF WrestleMania 2000, WCW vs. NWO: World Tour, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Ridge Racer 64, Perfect Dark
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. I definitely replay 32/64-bit games less than 8/16-bit titles, part of it may have to do with the fact that games since then have gotten a lot longer, so even if I wanted to, sometimes the length of the game turns me off. With that said, the only two I really still play repeatedly to this day are NiGHTS and Super Mario 64.