Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big O Season Two - series finale on Sunday November 2nd at 11pm

1. I liked the first season, though there were sometimes I felt kinda bored of it. That doesn't take my excitement away from seeing how they explain the freaky cliffhanger! I'm there.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

2. Big O Season 1 should be starting about now. Go watch it.

3. Originally posted by SearchManX
    I liked the first season, though there were sometimes I felt kinda bored of it. That doesn't take my excitement away from seeing how they explain the freaky cliffhanger! I'm there.
    Yeah same here. The action sequences with Big O are awesome though and I LOVE the music that plays during battles, such a great theme.

I caught the re-airing today only due to seing this topic getting bumped so I only got to see when Roger powered up Big O and beat the Dorothy robot's ass. Looks like I'm setting this under the program timers heh.

BTW one nitpick with the U.S. voice of Roger Smith, David Lucas never has any type of variety in his voicework. I always associate him with Spike in any of the other stuff like in Kenshin, Metropolis, Bebop, Big O, Kou in The Bouncer, Street Fighter Alpha the anime and so on.

The one guy I think does better in diversity is Scott McNeil who only has hints of his real voice in the characters he portratys like Rattrap in Beast Wars/Beast Machines, Jet Fire in TF Armada, Wolverine in X-Men Evolution, many characters in He-Man, Piccolo in DBZ, Koga(wolf dude) in Inuyasha, Duo in Gundam Wing and so on.

4. GET READY!

The Big O season II starts on Sunday, August 3rd. I'm guessing that means one new episode per week

Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Big O Season 1 should be starting about now. Go watch it.
    I did, even though I own the DVDs
    The show is airing completely unedited, except for the removal of cigarettes. For some reason, they can show blood and fighting at midnight, but not cigarettes...

I really like David Lucas' work. If he (and the rest of Big O season one's English voice cast) isn't on for season two, I'm gonna be mighty upset.

5. I like his voice and all but again, not too diverse in various octaves or anything.

6. Originally posted by kabuki
    The show is airing completely unedited, except for the removal of cigarettes. For some reason, they can show blood and fighting at midnight, but not cigarettes...
    Probably because it's still on when kiddies could be up. Yeah, it's midnight on the east coast, but it's on at 11 in Central. I imagine it's the same for the western half of the continent as well.

7. Originally posted by Will
    I like his voice and all but again, not too diverse in various octaves or anything.
    Gotcha You're right, he tends to sound the same in whatever he is in. Does a great job, though.

Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Probably because it's still on when kiddies could be up. Yeah, it's midnight on the east coast, but it's on at 11 in Central. I imagine it's the same for the western half of the continent as well.
    But why are blood puddles on the ground okay, but smokes are not? That's what confuses me.

Oh wait, I got it! It's because this is the US, the land of backwards rules.

8. Eh, it could be that they can't get the uncensored footage from Bandai due to licensing. It would probably require a new deal, which costs money.

There's no telling -- unless Williams Street squeals.

9. CN showed parts of the new season in the commercial announcing the new eps, it looks good and it seems to have all the dubbed voices of the first season although the anmation and drawings are bit lighter in detail and color.

I can't wait to see it, hopefully I'll be home by the time of the premeir.

10. Re-watching the first season in preparation for the new one
    Can't wait!