Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big O Season Two - series finale on Sunday November 2nd at 11pm

1. The Big O Season Two - series finale on Sunday November 2nd at 11pm

From http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3634

"On August 31st, after a repeat of the original Big O, the highly anticipated second season will premiere at 11pm. As readers may recall, this second season of Big O was co-produced (funded) by Cartoon Network. Re-runs of the original season of Big O start on July 7th."

I cannot wait

- Kabuki

2. Oh, yeah! I'm there. Still, that sounds like a first- how often do you see an American Cable newtork fund a Japanese animated series?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Hopefully this won't as much of a coma inducing sore fest like the last season. Talk about a show with potential, that went absolutely nowhere.

4. this second season of Big O was co-produced (funded) by Cartoon Network
    So this means no need for editing, right? Right?

5. Originally posted by Regus
    Hopefully this won't as much of a coma inducing sore fest like the last season. Talk about a show with potential, that went absolutely nowhere.
    Haha, this morning I saw your post in an old Big O thread that was almost identical to what you just said

Did you watch all 13 episodes of the first season? It started off good, but became amazing by the end of the season.

- Kabuki

6. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I watched the whole thing on Cartoon Network, I was a real Toonami fiend back then. There's something about this show that just never clicked. Like the Batman style atmosphere, and Roger, the butler and the android girl were pretty cool, it's just everything else I didn't like, I mean, how can you mess up giant robots rampaging through a city?

7. It's not about the robots man, it's about the angst of a child and his relationship with his father and... oh wait, wrong show

I dunno, I love everything about The Big O, especially the finale to Season One. Talk about a five-year cliffhanger !!

8. Sweet Jebus YES! This is one of those things you figure will never happen, like a Family Guy season 4. I'll definately be waiting for this one.

I'm curious as to how many episodes we will get, and if it will end with season 2.

9. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Oh, yeah! I'm there. Still, that sounds like a first- how often do you see an American Cable newtork fund a Japanese animated series?
    ADV funded a number of Japanese anime and are at least starting their own network... do they count?

As for Big O, I feel like half way between Kabuki and Regus. It had a lot of cool stuff, but the pacing was way too slow and the action was anything but intense. Outside of the appearances of the crazy bandaged guy, there was almost never any tension to be felt.

I'll buy the new season when it comes to DVD... unless it turns out like the absolute suck fest that the second half of Betterman was and I'm reminded of every time I see Kabuki's avatar. Gah, I feel ill.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. So....If this is funded by Americans, for American TV, is it still anime?