Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    This is neither here nor there in relation to the manga, but you can get the entire anime series at Best Buy for $30. Not a bad price, really.
    oh shnap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

2. Berserk general thread

Ive only seen Berserk up to whats been posted on the website, but I know its not finished from whats in the stores. I saw that last episode on here and my thought was, "Thats messed up Hey? Wheres the rest of the episodes?". S-Cry-ed is a very cool series. Ive seen it through to the end, but only once. It was cool to see the main characters alter go as far as it did. I just hope the rest of them get posted soon.Jalero

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I want to say I read an interview where Miura said he wanted to go for longest running series, (timewise or pagewise, I'm not sure) so I just assume that it'll never end. He had read a lot of serial novels where the authors would put out a book like every month for years and years and said he wanted to do something similar.
    In a recent interview, Miura said that the series is at about 60-70% complete so we're looking at another 10 years at least. Going for longest serial would be a nightmare considering Golgo 13 is still running.

I got the anniversary issue of Young Animal last week (along with volume 34) and there were some nice bonuses like a giant poster, alternate cover for 34 and a Berserk guidebook.

4. I wouldn't mind another 10 years of it.

5. Well when you consider that the pace of release has slowed considerably from earlier on, that math might not be fair.

But it definitely does feel like we're entering the third and final act of the story, so it's going to be interesting from here on out.

6. Finally returning as a CGI show.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46770
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. Not wild about the CGI choice, but from that brief clip, it's the best cel shading I've ever seen, so I'll keep an open mind.

I read the manga for my Berserk fix, but I think seeing some of the post-eclipse stuff translated to a TV show might help me reconnect with the story a bit (which develops painfully slowly due to Miura's long and very frequent hiatuses which now seem to eclipse his non-hiatuses by quite a bit).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

But it definitely does feel like we're entering the third and final act of the story, so it's going to be interesting from here on out.
    Third yes but not final. There might really be a huge gap between Fairy World and Griff's Kingdom.

stfu noob

10. Ey you used to post at MagicBox don't give me that.