Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21214151617 LastLast

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. So it looks like this week we'll finally get to see what Guts has been up to after two excruciatingly long years. Even better, Berserk is supposed to publish monthly going forward so hopefully we won't have those unbearable breaks anymore.

2. I started reading the manga this week, I'm nine volumes in. Awesome stuff, I love how much it's like Riki-Oh/Fist of the North Star in places with the ultraviolence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. 24 episode series premiering in July.

I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

4. Does that take place directly after the golden age arc?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Does that take place directly after the golden age arc?
    Yeah, it must, because Farnese is still in her HICK uniform. My guess is that this will go up to the end of the Retribution arc. That just leaves Millenium Falcon and the current and final Fantasia arcs.

Millenium Falcon is really pretty slow. Not in the sense that nothing happens, it introduces a lot of great characters and development, but it could stand to be condensed. Or maybe it's just the slow pace the issues are released at that makes me feel that way.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Apr 2016 at 02:40 PM.

6. The first episode for this is out in Japan.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Just finished the Golden Age movies. As someone who only knows the franchise by reputation, having never watched the old show, read the manga, or even played the old DC game... I'm not sure what I was expecting after the second movie, but it definitely wasn't THAT.

At this point, I feel like I'd be able to watch every episode of the show, even if it ends up running 10 years and sucking for most of it, JUST to finally see Guts take that bastard Griffith's head off. I don't think I've ever hated a villain like this, in any piece of media. I guess it's true - to really hate someone, you have to love (or at least like) them first. Bravo to the writer, if that's what he was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. So man, the plot of the manga is finally moving. It's on hiatus again, but left on a hell of a cliffhanger. Anyone reading?

9. I need to catch up. And given that I read kinda junky fan translations for a lot of it, I kind of want to re-read it all Dark Horse.

10. I've read a couple random chapters. I haven't really read since they were in the seaside village, but I wanted to see Elfheim now that they've made it. Berserk's tone feels like it's changed so much from where it started that I'm apprehensive about this the upcoming chapters, but I've waited for so long to get here.