Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. The manga hits stores the 15th of this month. Just thought I'd share that.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Yea but its taking them forever to put it out. Also its going to take a good while for them to get to where I'm already at, unless they really start cranking volumes out....which I doubt they'll do.

I'm still gonna pick it up once it FINALLY comes out, just hope they don't mess with the format and keep it a nice BIG graphic novel that it already is in each volume.

3. The format will be exactly the same as the manga, read "backwards" with the original sound effects intact, as well as no censoring (it is Dark Horse after all, they know what they're doing). Volumes will be released every 3 months to avoid catching up to the manga and suddenly having long waits between each installment. I already have the manga, but I'll definitely be picking this up to show my support so that we see more good stuff come to the States.

4. no censoring (it is Dark Horse after all, they know what they're doing)
    They censored the new Ghost in the Shell manga (the threesome scene with the chick and army buffs comes to mind. Actual sex scenes, mind you. Anybody else seen this?), why wouldn't DH censor Berserk that is 5 times more 'graphic'?

5. Well, they said they wouldn't. Berserk will be shrink-wrapped with an 'over 18' sticker on it, which I'm sure GitS doesn't have (maybe it has more young fans and they didn't want to exclude them...still sort of surprising).

6. I will seriously blow my fuse if I buy the first volume and find the sex is cut out. Not sound like a perv, but Berserk just has sex throughout the whole series and worked into major parts. If they try cutting it out, they may as well just scrap the whole damn thing.

Hell the first volume on the first page even starts out with sex. I think around volume 7 there is atleast 2-4 chapters that is nothing but sex.

Hell even volumes 19 and 20 have HUGE pagan sex orgies in it. I wanna see how they are gonna cut that out and not ruin the story. Cause thats a TON of people walking around naked and their wangs hanging out, plus a major part of them volumes.

I hope they do just shrink wrap it like Battle Royale and put a sticker on it. Plus I hope its a nice big size like they did for Masamune Shirows novels.

7. I agree. He better be screwing that demon on page one or I'm kindly closing the manga and printing out every page of it through my PC

8. I agree. He better be screwing that demon on page one or I'm kindly closing the manga and printing out every page of it through my PC
    Yeah, owning a hard copy would rock. But it's 5,300 pages...

9. Rtificial
    I hope they do just shrink wrap it like Battle Royale and put a sticker on it. Plus I hope its a nice big size like they did for Masamune Shirows novels.
    Each volume will be exactly the same size as the mangas. The covers and all are the same. Here's the first, followed by the second which should be released January 14th of next year.

10. 3 months between releases? Great, it'll only take 6 years to get caught up to the Japanese release. Time to mark my calendar(s).