Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by DarkCrow676
    Ah, glad to hear 5 is out at last.
    And Volume 6 comes out next week.

After recently watching the entire anime again, I was reminded of how great Berserk really is. So much so, that I went back and played the DC game again, and then purchased the first 5 volumes of the manga. Having read those, I actually appreciate the game's faithfulness to the basic themes of the story. Sure there are plenty of liberties taken, but it makes for a pretty consistent side story.

Btw, it was cheaper for me to order the manga through Amazon (with or without free shipping) than to purchase at Borders/Barnes & Noble, and everything was delivered in two days, even without priority shipping.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

2. Berserk episodes 1-25 in one thin plastic case.

That's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. I got into the anime 2 months ago and I found it to be a really compelling series. What really annoyed me was the fact that it was almost all political intrigue and by the end it decided to pull off an "Eva". The supernatural side of the story seemed forced on. It felt like the writer didn't know where to take the story and pulled off an hackneyed ending. That's where the manga takes over.

For starters, it's like this::
    Berserk anime = PG-13; Berserk manga = NC-17

The anime really does not do the manga justice. The anime barely covers a 1/3 of the story and it's alot more gruesome and unforgiving. What's also great is the fact that the demons and supernatural side to the story doesn't feel like it was tacked on. They play a greater role and meld with the story seamlessly. Despite all it's violence and meyhem, it still manages to be deep and poetic when it has to be.

Band of the Hawk Bittorrent

They have vol. 4-26 fan "scanlations" and 27 as well. If you find DLing 4-26 a problem(its 1.4+ Gigs), just IM me on AIM and I'll be more than happy to give you a book at a time.
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

4. After being a fan of the series for about a year I got into manga recently and received all 5 volumes for the holidays. I will be picking up 6 quickly and then switching over to the scans. I think DH is getting more than enought support from me. I plan on shooting them an email saying the releases are too slow.

5. Yes its one of my top 10 favorite if not 5 animes. The anime is not just about blood and going "berzerk" it has an over all deep story. Not only Gut's story is deep and involving but so is the other characters. Thats why you feel so attached to everyone and when they die IT HURTS. Not to many anime's can make me feel pain for side characters.

Another thing the anime did was go from making me like Griffith because he seemed to care so much about people then hate him for backstabing everyone even after they saved him.

All in all a must see for any anime viewers.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

6. Quote Originally Posted by fiend_of_rejections
    For starters, it's like this::
    Berserk anime = PG-13; Berserk manga = NC-17
    The Berserk anime is definately very much R-rated. The main difference in terms of severity of content is that the anime has more blood, and the manga has more gore. You don't see decapitations, skulls being smashed and entrails being splattered in the anime the way you do in the manga. Also the manga has nudity from the waste down and the anime doesn't.

The anime really does not do the manga justice. The anime barely covers a 1/3 of the story and it's alot more gruesome and unforgiving.
    I think it does the story arc that it covers justice. The manga itself takes a pretty drastic turn after that (and then another in the Millenium Falcon arc), but it's pretty true to the chapters it covers.

7. Man, If they are going to make a sequel for the anime then I would suggest them to change their generic. I thought November's Doom - Dark Field Of Brillance would be perfect for that though it doesn't suit with everyone's genre. I really think it fits with what is coming in the anime: it is dark and surely gloomy. http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nov...thefade.html#9

8. Quote Originally Posted by Aerain
    Man, If they are going to make a sequel for the anime then I would suggest them to change their generic. I thought November's Doom - Dark Field Of Brillance would be perfect for that though it doesn't suit with everyone's genre. I really think it fits with what is coming in the anime: it is dark and surely gloomy. http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nov...thefade.html#9
    What the hell are you trying to say? Change their generic? Did you mean genre?

9. I have the boxset of this anime on the way, so I will be able to see what all the fuss is about!

10. Just a heads up, Vol. 7 is out. I saw this along with various Berserk merchandise at Waldenbooks of all places. THey had a Berserk t-shirt, which I will get one o' these days, and a beanie baby type Guts. Weird.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.