Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 313151617

Thread: Berserk - general thread

1. I just spent last night and this morning marathoning the new show -- well, the Conviction Arc part that's out, anyways.

What's the general opinion on it?

I had heard a lot of people completely trashing it when it came out, so I was expecting to be really let down. In the end, I was only a little let down. In a way it exceeded my expectations since they were so low going in.

I'm not a manga reader (I started, just can't afford to keep going with the Dark Horse books right now), so this is my first exposure to post-Eclipse Berserk besides the DC game and such. From a perspective of zero reference to the source material, I thought that this felt a bit rushed. Things just flew by and I was never able to develop the same emotional attachment to any of the new characters that I did in the original series. Also, a lot of the action scenes felt poorly or oddly choreographed. Just... some of the angles and the way they were cut felt not quite right.

Still, despite not liking it as much as the other Berserk stuff I've seen/read, I really enjoyed it. I'd watch as many episodes of this as were available, so I guess that's a win.
    Last edited by koda; 25 Dec 2016 at 06:40 PM.

2. The new shitty CGI TV series just covered Farnese and Serpico's backstory; godDAMN. Game of Thrones' level of tragedy and fucked-up-edness is downright cute in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Volume 1 of the manga is on sale on Kindle for $4 today. (And if anyone didn't already know, you can link your Amazon and Comixology accounts and then most comics you buy in one will show up in both, unless they aren't available on both for some reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. The current story arc of the manga is really amazing right now. The slow release of the chapters is always painful, but the story is so good.

5. Are they off the boat? (they were on the boat for-fucking-ever when I last read)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. They even made it to elf world!
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Are they off the boat? (they were on the boat for-fucking-ever when I last read)
    Yeah, off the boat, reached their destination, and the thing they were headed there for in the first place trying to restore Casca's mind is happening and sooo good.

In reality it felt like they were on the boat a lot longer than they were because there was a whole lot of Griffith chapters where we didn't see Guts' party at all, and then Miura took a year off to do another manga/graphic novel not related to Berserk, and the whole thing dragged on for years. When you read it all now in retrospect the pacing is not nearly as bad as the slow release of the chapters made it feel.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Feb 2018 at 06:44 PM.

8. Forever on a boat! I want to jump back in, but I also kinda want to wait until it's a finished thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Yeah, the release schedule is painfully slow and irregular. It can be pretty frustrating. But if you made it as far as you did, this is a good time to be getting caught up.

10. Holy shit Chapter 354.