Thread: AFX With a Very Special Message

1. AFX With a Very Special Message

I was sent this article on Monday, and AFX impressed on me the significance of it. In the three days since then, I have endeavored to find the proper way to present it. I looked for images to accompany it, biographical material to frame it, and a "suave freakin' smoking jacket and ascot" to dress the author in (he donated his to charity, I'm told).

In the end, I decided to just present it as is and apologize for the delay.

We don't have much of a budget for this, but imagine a well-stocked library in an vintage colonial home. A solitary figure sits in an oversized chair, enjoying a pipe as he leafs through a bound volume of EGMs from back when that magazine was actually good.

As you draw closer, the lighting concentration in the room changes, so that eventually you are standing in darkness and the chair and its occupant are bathed in a warm light.

He slowly removes his pipe and speaks . . .

2. OMG. The world will never be the same again...

I love using ellipses . . .
    !!!

4. Nice.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Thank you for writing AFX.

6. Excellent article, Derek.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Ha, Box Drink should be proud.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

8. Thanks. Nick still thinks that it's going to be weekly. What a sucker.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico