Thread: 44 Minutes - On Tonight one of the worst Shootouts in LA history

44 Minutes - On Tonight one of the worst Shootouts in LA history

Not sure how many of you recall the bank robbery that turned into a full scale shootout in LA some years back, the Criminals had automatic weapons and body armor and pretty much held off the LAPD for a time.

This new movie on FX Sun will be about this event, it looks to be pretty good.

2. Cool, I will check it out. Simular premise is used in upcoming SWAT film. I love when they use rifles and automatic weapons, body armor, and SWAT/SDU teams in action films

Despair from the looks of the previews in seems to capture the actual event detail for detail, good cast too.

4. i herd an ad on the radio the other day about this film. seems interesting, but i dont know...

didnt the cops have to go to K-Mart to get bigger guns? i seem to remember something like that happening.

5. I wanted to check this out, I remember watching the event on the news and thinking it was almost as cool as that guy who stole a tank and drove down the city streets.

6. Originally posted by Rhydant
    i herd an ad on the radio the other day about this film. seems interesting, but i dont know...

didnt the cops have to go to K-Mart to get bigger guns? i seem to remember something like that happening.
    It was a guns shop.

I missed it except for the last 45 minutes, which was pretty entertaining. I hadn't watched TV in a while, so I was surprised that the guy could flip people off and not get blurred and people could get their heads shot at. Pretty crazy.

7. Damn, I missed it Is it going to be replayed on FX again? If so, can someone tell me the date, so I can tape it?

8. Originally posted by SXA
    It was a guns shop.

I missed it except for the last 45 minutes, which was pretty entertaining. I hadn't watched TV in a while, so I was surprised that the guy could flip people off and not get blurred and people could get their heads shot at. Pretty crazy.
    It's on FX, home of The Shield -- that show gets away with using "asshole" and "shit" and pretty graphic violence.

They replayed and are airing it again now. So maybe this weekend due to interest in the SWAT movie they may play it again in the near future.

10. I think that why they doing it, since SWAT definately have some simularities to the actual events in this movie.

I will give it some more time to come to dvd, and rent it then.