Thread: Steven Seagal is The Final Option

1. Steven Seagal is The Final Option

I was flipping through old EGM's looking for crappy ads for the thread about the worst game ads, and came upon this in the previews section of EGM #58.

TecMagik
    Steven Seagal: The Final Option
    SNES
    Fighting

"No it's not a movie, but it's pretty darn close to one. You play as Steven Seagal, out to take on the forces of crime as a one-man army. As you brave the many levels, you must master moves which will keep you from an early grave. And when fists aren't enough, you have your blades and your gun.

Steven himself was an active participant in this game. All the characters are Digitized and rotoscoped for a new level in realism. The time has come for the Final Option."

I just looked this up on GameFaqs for any info on it, and there isn't any. I assume that it was never released. The screnshots shown in the mag make it look like a shitty beat 'em up. How the fuck did I miss this all these years?

This looks like one of those so bad you gotta play it kind of games. Does anyone know if this shit really came out? If anyting it would make a great companion piece to Stret Fighter: The Movie (The Game).

2. I think the rom can be found somewhere on the interweb. It may just be a beta, though. I'm really wondering why I've never played it...what's wrong with me? I've known about this for ages.

Did you know Seagal's currently shooting a Genghis Khan biopic? It's gotta be awwwesome.

3. if it has digitized graphics, and has Steven Segal in it, i don't see how the game would be anything less then entertaining.

i mean, think about it. a game that has Steven Segal in it, and digitized graphics. that just sounds good on too many levels.

4. Re: Steven Seagal is The Final Option

Originally posted by adol
    All the characters are Digitized and rotoscoped for a new level in realism. The time has come for the Final Option.

5. Played it. It's a crappy beat-em-up set in a labyrinth, but very amusing just for Seagal's presence in the game. The enemies looks more like lost janitors than actual thugs that Seagal is bullying (I wouldn't put it pass him). Unfortunately, the exit to the second stage is blocked.

6. Only exists as a rom. I too have that EGM. I actually downloaded it back in 98 or 99 I think because there was no other way to play it. Wow, it's horrible. Still though, it's pretty cool to play a game that was never commercially released. Personally, I think when games get cancelled they should be given away to the public rather than left to rot. Of course, that'll never happen apart from leaked betas.

7. can someone help me out here? i'd love to get in on the Steven Segal digitized action.

8. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    can someone help me out here? i'd love to get in Steven Segal.
    Sorry bud, you're on your own there