Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiss of the Dragon

zidane747 Guest

Kiss of the Dragon

Anyone see this movie? This movie kicked ass. Story was good, characters were good, and the fight scenes kicked ass, major ass. Much better than Romeo Must Die fighting. No cables, special effects, wires, nothing. Just pure, hardcore fighting. Gotta love it.

EDIT: I have to cut down on the times I say 'ass'. Seriously.

Zidane Yep I saw it in the theatres last year and really liked it like you said much better than Romeo must die. As for the Movie The One I didn't think it was his best work.

Korian

3. Kiss of the Dragon was awesome film. I agree that its currently the best Jet American film. Eventhough the story wasnt as good, and Fonda's character was annoying, the action was excellent. Jet was deadly and unstopable. I loved how he just went through all the bad guys in the hotel, just killing them left and right. Not much wire use all was a great plus, since I'm not a huge fan of those, and like more of real, brutal fighting.

Romeo Must Die was ok, but nothing really special. Fun movi to catch once, but not his best work.

I loved The One. Its was really cool to see 2 Jets. And I loved the way he played the bad guy. He kicked ass, and fx were also great.

I dont know, why fans are whining soo much about his US film, I liked last 2 alot, and I think he's doing pretty good.

I'm looking forward he 2 next films, HK Hero, where he fights Donnie Yen, and US (fuck, forgot the name), with DMX and hopefully Mark Dacascos as a main bad guy

4. Originally posted by Despair
    I'm looking forward he 2 next films, HK Hero, where he fights Donnie Yen,

Despair, is this film HK or US Production...?
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

5. HK, Directed by famous Chinese director(Damn, once again I forgot his name ). Should be out in HK theaters either this summer, or Fall. Unless they will decide to keep it a big Xmas film for this year.

This film should be very good, it will be a simular art take on the martial art film, as CTHD was, but should have more action and fighting and less romance

6. Oh My, I couldn't stand CTHD.., Especially the 20 minutes flashback regarding Zhang Ziyi love interest...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

7. Kiss of the Dragon sucked balls...sweaty balls. Why does Jet Li always play the accidental hero? And Bridget Fonda has no career, so quite putting her in movies. Jet Li's best movies are Fist of Legend, The One, and those funny movies he did back in the day (can't think of the names).

SC

8. Well, Using real martial artist like Jet Li and Donnie Yen, will definately help Hero. CTHD had CHow Yun Fat, whos is great actor, but not martial artist, so he looked very weird in the flying and swordfighting scenes

I'm sure Hero will be better than CTHD. We just need to wait and see

9. RMD had Aaliyah at least...

I thought KOTD was much more graphic than it needed to be... I actually liked the story though... of course, I liked the story in RMD, so....

10. Originally posted by jae_hoon_MOTW
    Oh My, I couldn't stand CTHD.., Especially the 20 minutes flashback regarding Zhang Ziyi love interest...
    yo, i couldn't stand that flashback sequence either. i love crouching tiger, hidden dragon, but that part almost ruined the entire movie for me.

as for kiss of the dragon, i would also say that it's jet li's best american film. jet li was bad-ass personified in that movie. he was laying the smack down in every fighting scene. my favorite would have to be the scene against the 20-30 cops in karate gis in the police department.

while kiss of the dragon is jet li's best american film, the one was more fun to watch. it was fun watching two jet lis going at it. the special effects were cool, too. and i also dug the soundtrack. "let the bodies hit the floor!"