Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the best videogame store you've been to.

1. Whats the best videogame store you've been to.

I was just reading all the responses that came out of the other thread and the horror stories that came with it and just thought whats the best videogame store you guys have been to. For me it was when I went down to Queens, Ny and there was little videogame shop I went to, it was small but cozy and they had a big screen TV with every single system hooked up to it(that was availible at the time and except neogeo), they had nes, snes,famicom, genesis, with the sega cd drive and even 32x, Saturn, 3d0, N64 and Playstation those are the ones i can remember. I dunno it was just a chills enviroment and they had dam good air conditioning. I dread hot summer smog days in the boroughs of New York.

2. Replay, the location nearest me, which closed down back in January, was quite small, but had the most effecient layout I've ever seen for a game store. Everything was neat and tidy, and games were easily accessible. Plus, they had the best prices, and a fantastic selection. Their other location, which is about 20 mins. away, it much bigger, but the layout isn't as nice.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Just the local EB. I've never been to many independant gaming stores. There are two EB's near me. I am almost exactly in the middle of both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Since I can't very well say my place, I'll give the nod to Kicks Hobby Japan right here in Seattle. Siu-Wai's a great guy and he's definitely got the best selection of new release imports. Oh yeah! And not one single American game in the place Plus he gets tons of Transformers, action figures, anime and manga. I couldn't care less about any of that stuff but I hear he's leading the pack here in Seattle.

Pa

5. Jeremy
    Replay, the location nearest me, which closed down back in January, was quite small, but had the most effecient layout I've ever seen for a game store. Everything was neat and tidy, and games were easily accessible. Plus, they had the best prices, and a fantastic selection. Their other location, which is about 20 mins. away, it much bigger, but the layout isn't as nice.
    Makes ya think how a videogame store like this doesnt survive and...

Gabe from PA
    The first thing you notice is the smell, like rotting food mixed with dust mixed with shit. Garbage is everywhere, sometimes piled up in cardboard boxes sometimes just piled up. Newspapers, magazines, bits of food and all sorts of other crap are strewn about the store forcing you to walk like a World War II soldier navigating a mine field. A quick scan of the merchandise reveals a wide range of gaming hardware and software, however none of it is being taken care of. Behind the counter I can see a pile of Turbo Graphix 16’s and some 3DO’s. A shelf full of 32x’s appears to have fallen over years ago sending the black bean shaped add on’s spilling across the floor. Layers of dust over every item imply that the contents of this store have remained in this sad state for months or perhaps years.
    A store like this survive.

6. There is a Game Stop in a city called Temecula about forty minutes from where I live, and boy is it ever nice. They have a great selections for some of the defunct systems like NES, SNES, N64, Gensis, DC. Plus they're big and clean and the selection for new games and accesories is great. however, like Andrew I have never been to an indie store so my opinion might change if I ever do.

7. Unless this topic is only about the U.S., then stores from Japan would easily dominate. It's hard to pick from all of them, you could point to Akihabara or Osaka's Den Den Town as the biggest game stores in the world. Huge selection of games both new and old (some discounted like hell) and game-related merchandise too.

8. Diplomatics, indeed it does. In Replay's case though, at least there's a second store. If the other Replay were to close down... yikes.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. The shop I manage, Game-Arama!

We've got a great selection, best prices in town and I love the place.

I'll post some pics of it this weekend if I can remember to take my digi cam with me.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

My Babbages was awesome when I was running it.
    Unfortunatly the DM disagreed.