Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhino 3-D Model

1. Rhino 3-D Model

Well I've been taking industrial design, where I learn to use Rhino to render 3-D models. Most we have just been assigned, but our last project is to make a Video game character of our imagination. For mine I created Rebon, which happens to be the remote controlled war machine for a game where you go around blowing things up as Rebon, and hack into computers as Gyro, the controller/inventor of Rebon. It's my first one, and I had to use just Rhino, so all the cool textures I had to use, wouldn't work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rebon1.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	1813  

2. Image 2

Name:	rebon2.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	1814  

3. Image 3

Name:	rebon4.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	1815  

4. The tints are really grossely usgly and I think some parts of it (Such as the long snout) need to be straightened out. They're cockeyed as is.

What is it? It looks like a little drone or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. It's a remote controlled war machine, so it kind of like a drone. That large snout is a cannon + Flash Suppressor. As I said the computer I have it on can't render it with the real textures on it, so it's not half as good as it should be. The cannon/main body should have a more blue/purple color, resembling Adamantine from Final Fantasy. The Wheels are supposed to be Rubber, and Black Chromo, but the reflectiveness is not there due to the renderer. The plasma coil on his arm is supposed to have more a steely green color instead of pure green. NOt to mention the surface differences that just aren't there.

6. I know. How much time do you have using Maya or 3D Studio?

It definitely shows strong premise, but it needs some work. Textures should enhance an already awesome model, not hide something that's not right with one. Basically, it shouldn't matter if you have textures on or not, because some of the flaws are still evident.

It's actually pretty good. But I would just turn on a regular shader and not worry about anything like textures for now. The model is the base, work from there.

It's a really cool design so far, just needs work.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I've been using Rhino, which I got from a friend (I didn't pay 500$ for it thankfully ^.^) and I intend to remove it from the crappy school computers, and spend some of my time in summer on it as well. Thank you for your words Andrew, I'll post any updates and fixes that I get. I've had the class for about 3 months, and spent about 12 hours on it? Without having a paper tell me everything, I like it for my level of experiance. I wanted to make a person, and eventually I'll make Gyro ^.^, but that can wait till I'm done with Rebon.

8. If you're in to 3D modelling check out www.Aliaswavefront.com. You can actually download Maya's Personal Learning edition for free and learn on it. I am not familiar with Rhino, but I would imagine that the jump wouldn't be too hard.

9. phallic.

10. Um... Phallic means?

Thanks, I'll open that link on my home computer.