Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conceptual Fighter Character Designs

1. Conceptual Fighter Character Designs

Here are the design drawings for each character. I'm posting the colored conceptual drawings in a different thread, but thought some might be interested just to see the basic pose and concept.

2. there are really good. I would like to see them colored.

One thing i find a little odd is katherine...she seems a little short or too wide..or something

3. Katherine is a sizeable girl. Some look a little strange, since I just made the pictures all the same height, so it wouldn't be so nasty in the thread...however, all characters aren't the same size...Dolomus is almost 8 feet tall, for instance.

And they are being colored in a way, in my other thread.

4. the female in the chance picture looks short. Cool though.

All of em are cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Zabel and Valkyrie look awesome.

Well, they all look awesome, but they're my favorite designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Wow. I love all of those designs. Styxx's "cloven hoof" heels are an excellent detail. It lends character.

Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Originally posted by FuryFox
    Katherine is a sizeable girl. Some look a little strange, since I just made the pictures all the same height, so it wouldn't be so nasty in the thread...however, all characters aren't the same size...Dolomus is almost 8 feet tall, for instance.

And they are being colored in a way, in my other thread.
    I actually think a lot of your characters look disproportionately stocky... for instance, Katherine is only 4 1/2 heads tall, which is more like a child or a midget. It doesn't help that her breasts are gigantic which further shrinks her torso. I'm not sure how tall she is but she's so stocky and short, it seems like she's a dwarf... but then the size of her accessories (gun, knife etc) don't support that size.

Even the tallest Dolomus is only closer to 6 heads tall, which brings him down to regular proportions but doesn't bring out the exaggeration of size and proportion to give him the superhuman body -- which would be closer to 8 heads (up to 10 heads in some cases)...

Otherwise, the underlying character design in all of it is great. A good mixup of modern and fantasy.

8. I really, really like this stuff

9. They're all excellent. My only minor complaint is that Katherine dosen't look like she's actually fat. If she is supposed to be "sizeable" she'd show it in other features besides here back braking bust and wide waist. Her upper arms will need to be enlarged (for "bye-bye" arm jiggle), same for her thighs, and her neck would be less defined, as well as having some slight under chin/ double chin. Otherwise she looks like a midget or like she's wearing some fatsuit of something.

10. I see what you mean...and perhaps I have a bit of a double standard, because I wanted her to be atypical, but then again, I still want her to be attractive. Her face, arms, and legs, and especially her waist and bust, are thicker than the other female characters. Like negitoro mentioned, too, her proportions are a bit squat too which reinforces that midget effect. I made some proportion errors because I got into the habit of measuring "correctness" by matching top-of-the-head to crotch, and crotch to heel, and making sure they're the same. That doesn't factor in proportion though, just balance,

For the record, Katherine was never supposed to be 'fat', per se, just thicker and more voluptous than the typical comic female build. She also has her pants at her proper waistline, for practical reasons, which few females in the genre do (or even in my other drawings), which adds to her squat appearance.

Thanks for all the input, guys!