Thread: Undead fighter

1. Undead fighter

well...his head's a skull anyway

2. Looks pretty cool...another of your "Heretic Knights" characters? -The hatching and cross-hatching in this piece is much more effective than what we've seen in some of your others, especially in his left wrist-wrap. Nice.

One thing to mention is that some of the wrappings have no depth...like, the wraps on his left elbow and skull are just sort of drawn on...they lie completely flat on the surface they're placed...actual cloth or bandage would still stick out even a tiny bit from the body, and have a bit more depth when layered or wrapped repeatedly.

This also brings up a point all artists should remember (imo); don't skimp on the details. For instance, what is holding his weapon on his back? -I don't see any straps or evidence of a harness. The bandage thing...also, there are two cords at the bottom of his tunic, with what appear to be buttons at either end. In normal costume design, cords like those would be used to make sure the shirt or whatever doesn't open too far...but, they're attached to a shirt that can't open any farther, so their function becomes questionable. All the little studs, screws, and buttons in his attire are 3D objects, but you draw them flat, like a decal.

-now, I'm not trying to make a big deal or anything, because it's a nice piece, and I think a definite step up over the previous one. It's just little things like that that help make a piece look more polished.

3. Originally posted by FuryFox
    Looks pretty cool...another of your "Heretic Knights" characters?
    yep

One thing to mention is that some of the wrappings have no depth...like, the wraps on his left elbow and skull are just sort of drawn on...they lie completely flat on the surface they're placed...actual cloth or bandage would still stick out even a tiny bit from the body, and have a bit more depth when layered or wrapped repeatedly.
    yeah, sometimes when I try to give them depth they just look like big buldges instead of wrappings. still working on that, I need to find something I can study for bandages

[quote]For instance, what is holding his weapon on his back? -I don't see any straps or evidence of a harness[quote]

see that belt thingy around his waist? it has a big strap on the back, similiar to how gut's sheaths his sword in berserk (if you've seen that), but you should be able to see part of it from that angle....oops

[quote]there are two cords at the bottom of his tunic, with what appear to be buttons at either end. In normal costume design, cords like those would be used to make sure the shirt or whatever doesn't open too far...but, they're attached to a shirt that can't open any farther, so their function becomes questionable.
    I never even stopped to think what those buttons were for , I suppose it makes since though, I'll remember that