Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awww Crap! My Saturn's battery died!

1. Awww Crap! My Saturn's battery died!

I went to play some Saturn today, and was greeted with a screen I had not seen since, like '96. The screen that promts you to set the language, date, and time on your Sega Saturn.

Gone are all my Super Puzzle Fighter High Scores and unlocked bonuses. No more Pandora's Box in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. All of my presents in Christmas Nights. Gone. It was like coming home from work and learning that someone beat you to the last beer.

'cept I work at home, and I don't drink beer.

Damn.

2. It's the same battery the DC VMU uses. I'm amazed my Saturn battery lasted about seven years. I got a memory cart a year or so ago, and just transferred all of my saves to it. Set me back about $10. The battery should set you back a few bucks.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

I know this might be "water under the bridge" for you now, but for anyone who has a Saturn and wants to preserve his game saves, I seriously recommend investing in a memory cartridge. It is well worth it.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

4. Be sure to get an official cart, too. The Action Replay and such can't be read by games, and are only for archiving.

I picked one up off of eBay a few years ago, and someone tried to trade one in to the store... when told we didn't accept them anymore, he told me to keep it. Same as the Sega CD Backup cart he had.

If I lost my Radiant Silvergun save, with the hours upon hours of gameplay, I'd puke.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Re: Awww Crap! My Saturn's battery died!

Originally posted by adol
    I went to play some Saturn today, and was greeted with a screen I had not seen since, like '96. The screen that promts you to set the language, date, and time on your Sega Saturn.

Gone are all my Super Puzzle Fighter High Scores and unlocked bonuses. No more Pandora's Box in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. All of my presents in Christmas Nights. Gone. It was like coming home from work and learning that someone beat you to the last beer.

'cept I work at home, and I don't drink beer.

Damn.

Er, Okay. Y'know, adol, that you can get anti depressants in Mexico without a prescription.

Sorry I had to get you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

7. Same thing happened to me one time. I had to play Vampire Savior in Japanese again. Not a big deal, but I liked reading the win quotes...

Is there a way to preserve your Dreamcast VMU saves?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. well somehow they got on booyaka.com so i imagine theres a cable to let you upload them to your pc.

9. Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    well somehow they got on booyaka.com so i imagine theres a cable to let you upload them to your pc.
    there is.. or rather, there are.

10. Man, I see that damn screen every time I play my Saturn. Eventually I replaced the battery, but for some reason it didn't take. Boy am I lazy.