Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling for Columbine

1. Bowling for Columbine

Watch this movie if you want to have a perspective on America's obsession with firearms. Michael Moore touches some topics which others don't have the balls to discuss. Like why Canada with the same gun : person ratio only has a tenth of murders of US. The film is comedic and painfully truthful at times. Shows you why the media is full of shit and why the Corporate Cops TV program doesn't exist instead of the regular Cops which focuses on local violence.

The movie is not playing everywhere. I saw it yesterday in Philly at the Ritz movie theater. Here's Michael's website which has links to the movie and his books. Warning: it does contain scenes of reality, and stock footage of violence.

seen

2. Wish it was playing around here. I love his last doc Roger and Me.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Yes, I heard about it, and it did sounds very interesting. I dont think its playing around me either, so I will probably wait for it to come to video, and rent it then.

4. Here's a list of where it is playing around the country.

5. I saw it in Chicago this Saturday. A 12:45 matinee and the place was sold out. My girlfriend made the comment afterwards that "everybody should be required to see movies like that" and I have to agree with her. It's the first truly thought-provoking film I've seen a long time. It's damn funny, too.

6. Michael Moore is a lying sack of shit. He keeps putting out "documentaries" and then gets panned for using false information, changing the order of history and flat out lying.

You'll like it if you are a left-wing pansy.

7. The statistics he uses in the movie are accurate. He may at times overemphasize his point, but hey that's what you gotta do to the general public. I don't agree with all of his statements but I agree with enough of them that I found the movie giving out the right message.

Master: have you seen Bowling for Columbine. Did you know that Michael got Kmart to stop selling handgun/semi-automatic ammo in their stores after he brought two student's from Columbine to their hq in Canada. He's going after Walmart next.

seen
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

The movie is a piece of shit.

Glad I saw it, but it's a fucking joke.

9. I'm not going to see it. If I want knowledge about gun control and gun violence, I'm going to get it from unbiased presenters. Know what should be mandatory? Gun control training. Most gun accidents are just that; accidents. People don't know how to control a gun or use a gun. Never point at people, always point at the ground/sky when not in use/loading/etc, always keep on safety, even if a gun is not loaded it is always "loaded", etc.

Michael Moore is one of the most hypocrytical people in pop culture today. He blasts "big corporate" and rich people all while taking huge checks and riding in limos.
    bastard of the new world order.

10. Eh, dont really care about Michael Moore, but he can be funny as all hell.

Personally, I think we need to something w/ the NRA. Reform or restart, or something, cause it has become something that it should not be.
    your mom