Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 2 DVD

1. Terminator 2 DVD

How many of you plan on buying this DVD again? I've read in other threads in other forums how ppl have bought multiple versions of games either to keep or to update. But how many do this with dvds?

Some dvds have had multiple releases even more so than T2 such as Stargate. I for one am one of those ppl that must have the latest release. Even if its just a DTS addition like Predator was.

It's crazy, but when it comes to hobbies such as movies and video games it seems to bring out the fanatic in ppl even when it goes against their better judgement.

2. Well, Since I dont have any of T2 editions in my collection I guess I will be getting this new one this summer Need to pick up SP ED of Terminator as well.

3. What is so special about the new release?

4. Commentary by James Cameron (his first) and the producer I think. Some added documentarys and maybe a new sound mix. I think it's a new transfer too. There are some dvd-rom features too like putting your face onto a t-1000 or t-800. IGN has a good review of it up.

5. Supposedly this is the highest quality of the movie, "theater quality" and can be played on a desktop (min 3.5 ghz) at 1290 x something resolution. Check out IGN's review on IGN.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. minimum 3.5 ghz!!?? all 2 people in the world with that kinda cpu will get to watch it.....

7. Which one has the deleted scenes integrated into the film? I remember a version coming out on VHS but I want it on DVD. Is it one of the 3 available?

8. The edition before this one had the scenes integrated. "Ultimate T2 Edition" I think? It comes in a silver tin. You can select theatrical or special edition cut which adds about 15 minutes of footage.

9. I, being a certified T2 nut, couldn't resist picking this up even though I already have the Ultimate Edition from a few years ago.

I have to say, if you are a big T2 fan, it is definitely worth owning even if you have the previous version. In fact, it's worth owning both versions.

This version has the best picture-quality I've EVER seen of T2. It's even better than Superbit-quality. I haven't listened to the commentary track yet, but I've heard it's superb, and I think I will give it a listen considering how much I love the movie.

Also, they dug up/made a whole new slew of extras for this one that AREN'T on the Ultimate Edition, which I find amazing because that 2-disc set was stacked like hell as it was.

Only two minor quibbles with this: Because they had to have the extra room to make the movie look as good as possible, there's not DTS track, but the Dolby 5.1 is so good I really don't miss it. There's also only the Special Edition cut of the movie on the disc, if you want the original theatrical cut you'll either have to watch it on your comp on the 2nd disc or own the previous, Ultimate Edition DVD.

It's amazing how well the two sets complement each other, each has a ton of extras that aren't present in the other and one has both cuts of the film with lower quality picture and the other has only one cut but super-high quality.

I'm happy with my purchase...especially since I got Stargate Ultimate Edition for only $5 bux with it!
    omg TNL epics!

10. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red
    There's also only the Special Edition cut of the movie on the disc, if you want the original theatrical cut you'll either have to watch it on your comp on the 2nd disc or own the previous, Ultimate Edition DVD.

Actually, if you hit right on your remote five times and hit enter, it unlocks the theatrical cut.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.