Thread: Sketches and organization

1. Sketches and organization

I'm finally getting around to scanning everything I've been working on this semester, so I thought it'd only be fair to make my website a bit more managable to look through. If you follow this link you'll find a directory where I'll keep all my b&w work from now on. Plus, everything I uploaded today has the name '0603_' (month, year) followed by a number. I think I'll keep doing that, unless you guys find it to be a pain to navigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. YES
    NO

They're all excellent. But dammit man, the nude guy! Sure, he may not be disclosing the proprietaries, but what a shocker. I mean, "Hmm... good shading, yes, nice facial work... a few more ... for the love of God, why?"

Grandios, good job.

EDITO: My vote for Best of Show
    bastard of the new world order.

3. Originally posted by Jimmy Carter

EDITO: My vote for Best of Show
    A lot of people like that one.

And about the guy...it's not like any bits and pieces are being shown. Just like with the girl.

4. Originally posted by Hero
    And about the guy...it's not like any bits and pieces are being shown. Just like with the girl.
    Yes, this is why I said, "...he may not be disclosing the proprietaries...". It's just the idea, my good man. Just the idea.

And mind you, all is said in jest. If I really were angry/peeved/reviled, I probably wouldn't have posted.
    bastard of the new world order.

5. I know ^_^

But you were the first (and only) to reply, so you get to feel my wrath =p

6. Ack, too many images to look at without some sort of thumbnail setup, though the ones I have seen are all very nice, if incomplete.. but then again they're only sketches. It's hard to comment on them specificly when they're unfinished though.

Actually, now I look at more some do appear finished, but those don't have any of the minor problems I'm seeing in the unfinished ones so there's still no comment I can make, other than they look great and would look even better with inking and shading.

I don't have any problem with the nude man myself, but then I've taken an art class where one model was a nude man who looked like the guy in Jimmy Carter's sig (and I don't mean Jim Carrey).
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. well, I killed the thumbnail setup I used to have for two reasons. One, it isn't what I want to 'push' when I update the site - I'd rather focus on complete b&w pics and full color. Two, I was eating up too much site space by making thumbnails for so much.

And as a semi-three, I've seen other artists take this kind of appraoch and I like it the most.

8. I use a program called thumbnail plus, which not only makes the thumbnails but makes a webpage for them (which I don't use but I digress). It also lets you set size and the quality level of the thumbs it makes so they can be really really tiny files if you want.

Also, right now I've seen some of the images but not all. The links are highlighted now so I know which is which, but this is a work computer so unless I look at them all before my shift is over I won't be able to tell which I've seen and which I haven't if I look tommorrow.

This is kind of off the subject though and it's your site so you should just handle it the way you like best anyway.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. When I get more time I'll delve into the depths of your site. If you could make a link banner, that'd be nice. Your page is the only one without one on my Link page.