Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk series conclusion - spoiler filled!

1. Berserk series conclusion - spoiler filled!

Please keep all conversation based on the anime series. For those who have read the manga, please do not talk about it, because we all don't want the second season of the anime ruined for us

BEGIN SPOILERS - if you read these you will ruin the series' ending!
    Was the final episode really shown on TV? That is the single most brutal episode of anything I have ever seen. The part where Guts severs his own hand... good God... I felt like spinning my head around and throwing up... he just kept hacking, and hacking, and hacking...
    I like how throughout the series you can sort of push away Griffith's demented behaviors (slipping into the Princess' bed shortly after killing all of her family) but by the end of the show you truly realize how much of a monster he has been all along. Awesome.

END SPOILERS

- Kabuki

2. Re: Berserk series conclusion - spoiler filled!

Originally posted by kabuki
    Was the final episode really shown on TV? That is the single most brutal episode of anything I have ever seen. The part where Guts severs his own hand... good God... I felt like spinning my head around and throwing up... he just kept hacking, and hacking, and hacking...
    It was originally shown at 1 AM, so they could get away with alot more than they would have during the day or in prime time.

3. Do you guys like or dislike the ending?

I thought it was a perfect point to end the show, and didn't see it as too much of a cliffhanger, but more of an end to the beginning. Even if the manga (or possible second anime season) never existed, Berserk is still a wholly cohesive story and can be fully enjoyed without any further story.

That said, I'd be first in line to buy another season on DVD

4. everyone would fight to be first on line to buy another season on dvd. i know i would. but i disliked the ending so much. all that build up and it led to that? it's a great series but that ending was anything but good IMO. but i can see it as an end to the beginning, so it doesn't come across as bad.

great series, just a less than spectacular ending. and someone better get on their asses and make that second season. it's just wrong if they don't.

5. the ending doesn't bother me because, as most of you probably know, the manga continues (and is still continuing) the story, so it's not like berserk stopped with episode 26

having said that, let it be known that I'd step over my own mother to get a 2nd season of the anime

6. Originally posted by Xero_Kaiser
    so it's not like berserk stopped with episode 26
    Actually, wasn't it 25? I found that really weird, being that most series end with 26...
    Still, though... good ending to a great series. I really wish they would have left some of the Hawks alive, though. 'Specially Judeau. He rules.
    ...and what was with that fairy thing that Rickett saw? It wasn't Puck, 'cause it had boobies. So... what the hell?
    Oh, and DVD Easter Eggs for those who haven't found them yet...
    DVD 5: Click the left torch on the Extras menu.
    DVD 6: Click one of the two torches on the Extras menu or Guts' scarf on the Setup menu.

Have I missed any?

...Boogity-boogity-boo...

7. Discarding the manga, I cannot say I would've liked the ending to the TV series that much. It doesn't really provide a conclusion to what happened, e.g. between the last and first episodes, and the whole God Hand thing would not seemed to have served as much of a purpose IMO.

8. Thanks for the heads-up on the Eggs, ChaoofNee

9. I found another egg!
    DVD 2: Extras menu- Put cursor on "Main Menu" and press left, then click. Funny Zoddo picture!
    I checked all the regular places on the rest of the DVDs, and I've got nothing else. Ah, well.

10. Originally posted by ChaoofNee
    Actually, wasn't it 25?
    might have been...it's one of those two