Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "GameBoy is for 10 year olds"

1. Originally posted by Chux
    I play mine in public. Lets say I'm waiting for the lightrail to arrive. Blam, out comes the SP and I'll be playing. Now if I'm at a place that has a lot of people, I'm not gonna be non-social, so I won't even bring it. There is a difference there, and Nokia isn't acknowledging it.
    That's what I meant, in a roundabout way. I mean, I'd play it waiting for a subway or bus (if I didn't have a car, heh), or waiting for some friends or something like that. But at a college or bar, nah, unless I had like an hour of free time to kill at the college, and had nothing else to do.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. I know I enjoyed my Gameboy more when I was 10 years old.

3. Originally posted by Roufuss
    That's what I meant, in a roundabout way. I mean, I'd play it waiting for a subway or bus (if I didn't have a car, heh), or waiting for some friends or something like that. But at a college or bar, nah, unless I had like an hour of free time to kill at the college, and had nothing else to do.
    Well yeah. I just take the Lightrail up to Baltimore because parking is a bitch. The rest works too. I think the last time I played my GBA for a substantial amount of time was while I was in my Doctors waiting room. Case in point, I was waiting.

4. Originally posted by Chux
    Well yeah. I just take the Lightrail up to Baltimore because parking is a bitch. The rest works too. I think the last time I played my GBA for a substantial amount of time was while I was in my Doctors waiting room. Case in point, I was waiting.
    Honestly, I might get flamed for this too, but I'd find I'd play my GBA more in public if I had an SP. It honestly looks more sophisticated, and less like a children's handheld. I think it's the compact design, makes it look more like a PDA, and more adult.

September is a long wait, since I want a red one
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. I hear that. I want a red one too, but my blue does just fine. The fact that it fits so nicely in a pocket makes it that much easier to take out.

6. I often play my SP in the play place tubes at McDonalds. Oh sure, the kids can't get by too well, but why do I care? I know they're just jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. "NGage is for 10-year-olds who want to act sophisticated. If you're 20 or 25 years old, it's probably not a good idea to draw an NGage out of your pocket on a Friday night in a public space, because then everyone would realize your dumb ass just spent $300 on a shitty cell phone with games capability."

8. Originally posted by UndeadKing
    "NGage is for 10-year-olds who want to act sophisticated. If you're 20 or 25 years old, it's probably not a good idea to draw an NGage out of your pocket on a Friday night in a public space, because then everyone would realize your dumb ass just spent $300 on a shitty cell phone with games capability."
    PHWNED!!

9. Game Boy is for 10 year olds though... Im not saying that the NGage is any better, because its not, but the Game Boy is definitely a system for kids. Shit, a grown man's hands can't even properly hold the thing.

Talk all you want about how "real gamers" enjoy the shit or what not, but like StriderKyo said, do you watch Little Mermaid every day because it's such a great movie? Not really. GBA = GameCube = kid's toys.

10. Originally posted by Roufuss

But I kind of see their point.. I mean, I own a GBA, and it's not something I'd whip out in like a bar or anything.
    but neither is the Ngage

I dont know about the rest of you BUT when i go to a bar im drinking and talking to other people
    not going geee i wish i could play Aria of Sorrow here

They know they have a shitty product thats going to fall flat on its face and theyre trying to grasp at anything they can

id say the SP takes the GBA design far from looking like a toy
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.