Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "GameBoy is for 10 year olds"

1. My, aren't they getting desperate? If the high price, shoddy lineup and asinine marketing campaign didn't sealed the N-Gage's fate, then that statement certainly did.

2. Originally posted by Chux
    I play mine in public. Lets say I'm waiting for the lightrail to arrive. Blam, out comes the SP and I'll be playing. Now if I'm at a place that has a lot of people, I'm not gonna be non-social, so I won't even bring it. There is a difference there, and Nokia isn't acknowledging it.
    Of course not; because then they'd have no marketing angle.

"Play less-than-PSOne style graphics on the go"

Uh, no.

"It's a PDA, cell phone, and gaming machine"

This might be better to tout than,

"hey hipster, if you're out with a crowd, screw socializing and just impress them with how much money you can spend on a toy. Hell, ignore that GBA - it doesn't cost enough. And it's made by a child's toy manufacturer; it's sooooooo passe and kiddy. My homie said so. And Bones know what Bones talks about."

Stupid. The only selling point of the N-Gage is its multifunction, which imo, it doesn't even do right. 300 dollars for a 'handheld' that plays really ugly games...oh, and you can call people too. Then again, I've seen much worse ideas on cellphones for just as much money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Nokia's obviously clueless about the game industry, so eh... Sony will do it right.

Anyway, I see people playing GBA on campus, in class and shit... it doesnt look cool. In fact, it looks pretty fucking dorky. However, does Nokia seriously think that whipping out an N-Gage is gonna make people be as radical as this guy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jackass.gif 
Views:	340 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	1952  

4. Originally posted by Roufuss

But I kind of see their point.. I mean, I own a GBA, and it's not something I'd whip out in like a bar or anything.

Why the hell would you bring a GBA into a bar in the first place? A bar is for drinking and potentialy fucking.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. From that distance the average person won't be able to tell you if its a GBA or NGage, all they know is "Why is that loser playing video games while skateboarding by a fake car?" People that think video games are dorky don't care if its made by Nintendo or Nokia.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Originally posted by diffusionx
    Game Boy is for 10 year olds though... Im not saying that the NGage is any better, because its not, but the Game Boy is definitely a system for kids. Shit, a grown man's hands can't even properly hold the thing.
    speaking as a fairly large grown man,i have no problems whatsoever with the controller.

Originally posted by Lordmrw
    Why the hell would you bring a GBA into a bar in the first place? A bar is for drinking and potentialy fucking.
    i agree with this entirely, you go to a bar to socialize, you play gameboy/video games to zone out and fixate on the screen. why would anyone play any handheld in a bar? If you feel compelled to play videogames in a bar, you need to find a more interesting bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

7. There's no way this thing will succeed:

1. The gaming capabilities suck!
    2. The support sucks!
    3. It's too expensive!
    4. They've just insulted a significant portion of their potential consumers.

Crash'N'Burn, Nokia.

8. This is Nokia afterall, maker of the worlds most disposable shiittiest cell phones....

9. "I mean, I own a GBA, and it's not something I'd whip out in like a bar or anything"

But you'd whip out a cell phone in that bar, flip it over, and stare at the center of it?

"Talk all you want about how "real gamers" enjoy the shit or what not, but like StriderKyo said, do you watch Little Mermaid every day because it's such a great movie?"

Uh...afraid I don't see the connection here...what does the Gameboy have to do with the Little Mermaid?

"Anyway, I see people playing GBA on campus, in class and shit... it doesnt look cool. In fact, it looks pretty fucking dorky."

Someone who TYPES things like "in class and shit" is pretty dorky. That's worse than SAYING it. Filler words might work in a voice conversation, but when you type....it looks dorky.

10. I'm not buying a N-Gage soly on the fact that it has a cellphone built into it, I fucking hate cell phones.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!