Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 Remembered

1. E3 Remembered

Here is a final look at what may or may not be the greatest gaming event of 2003, written by the only man who walks around with a legal disclaimer tatooed on his face.

Ali slices into the event for a look deep inside. Do you dare pull back the skin?

2. ew. I don't like skin peeled back. it's...icky.

3. I personally witnessed the following, and it was a riot:
    - Chris Kohler from Wired magazine is a professional fanboy.

I love guys like Chris Kohler - professional journalists who are extreme fanboys for a company. Kohler is a Nintendo fanboy, and as such tried to excuse Nintendo's bad showing this year by claiming it was due to the fact that Nintendo never shows anything until it's almost ready to hit retail (of course forgetting that games like Wario on GC were playable last year as well). It was fun seeing him squirm under the onslaught of titles I started listing that Nintendo has shown at several E3s in a row that have yet to materialize.

I had a ball mentioning to him that the best levels in Mario Sunshine are the ones that were left out of Mario 64 (little known fact: the platforming levels of Mario without his water pack are reworked leftovers from Mario 64), etcetera, etcetera. Kohler is a nice guy and I like Nintendo and its games myself, but I do get a perverse pleasure from playing with the minds of professional fanboys . . . it's fun, it's harmless, and it brings some joy to my otherwise miserable life.
    If this had been a forum argument, to say Almaci owned Chris Kohler in that lunchroom debate is a bit of an understatement. :jest: I'd like to think I helped out here and there with a few supporting arguments and an instigatory remark or two.

It really was a sight to see: A whole corner of the media hospitality room arguing about Nintendo, and Chris and Almaci squaring off at the center of it.

Sort of like a heated forum thread but in real life..

4. Frank Hofnar (heh) is a joke and the sooner he's dead the better.
    Good read though.
    !

5. Hehehehe

Im kinda dissapointed tough that my articles instigate more debate on other forums(like GA or OA) then they do on TNL.

6. I really hope the numerous idiots at TNL who insist that Ali is incapable of stringing together coherent phrases all read this article.

Good job, Ali.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Thanks dude
    Why dont you link it in the sound of forum or main gaming forum tough?
    A lot of the forum regulars never seem to visit the frontpage

Oh BTW Nick did a great job editing.

8. You stood next to Itagaki.

And you say it was the 2nd worst E3 ever? May nuclear missles times one hundred strike down your children!

Good read
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. Originally posted by Sl1p
    You stood next to Itagaki.

And you say it was the 2nd worst E3 ever? May nuclear missles times one hundred strike down your children!

Good read
    Urm dude ive talked with Miyamoto, Naka, Suzuki, Kataoka, Nagoshi, Yamaguchi etcetera.
    Itagaki is NOTHING compared to them.

10. Is "Naka" the Japanese form of "Nick" or did you just misspell my name?